• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Opinion Of Speakers

Guest angela

Guest angela

Hello to all the merc bros out there. I am new in this forum & starts enjoying the topics & subjects in the discussions.

My ride is a 2 years old CLK 200. After reading all those ICE topics, am tempted to try out a pair of relatively decent speakers. As i dont decide to upgrade a new head units, what speakers would you bros recommend me? And would be also graetful if u guys can advice the recommeded place to get it. Thanks a million to all the suggestion. Cheers

Guest kepiting1sg

Hello to all the merc bros out there. I am new in this forum & starts enjoying the topics & subjects in the discussions.

My ride is a 2 years old CLK 200. After reading all those ICE topics, am tempted to try out a pair of relatively decent speakers. As i dont decide to upgrade a new head units, what speakers would you bros recommend me? And would be also graetful if u guys can advice the recommeded place to get it. Thanks a million to all the suggestion. Cheers

1. Swift Motion - Sam - Tel: 62966330

2. New Generation - Cartoon aka Elson Lee - Tel: 63486220

Speakers are a personal choice.

You can be far wrong with these mades & not in order of prices or merits

Focal, DLS, Sea Lotus, Scanspeak, Dynaudio

Guest angela

Hey thanks alot for your comments. Will drop by to one of the shop to see what they offer. Actually am be quite happy with the original OEM set, but tot of enhancing it with another pair of speakers on the rear since at the moment is empty.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hey thanks alot for your comments. Will drop by to one of the shop to see what they offer. Actually am be quite happy with the original OEM set, but tot of enhancing it with another pair of speakers on the rear since at the moment is empty.

IMHO,

I dun use rear fill speakers.

They do help bring up the front staging if the high Hz are cut out and

the volume should be properly faded out.

Not done properly, they can "confused" your front staging.

Save your money! ;D

Guest angela

WOW, really the case?? You must be speaking out from experience

& well knowledge, thanks for your opinion. WOuld you mind shaing your

recommendation? Thanks in advance sir

Guest kepiting1sg

WOW, really the case?? You must be speaking out from experience

& well knowledge, thanks for your opinion. WOuld you mind shaing your

recommendation? Thanks in advance sir

>>>WOuld you mind shaing your

recommendation?<<<<

IMHO

1. You are contended with your stock system - i.e Good! Dun waste money!

2. If you want an upgrade, how far you wanna go & what's your budget?

Disclamer: I am not an installer and I dun get commission or free services from recommended installers. ;D