• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ESP Inoperative Warning Message

Guest yonghwee

Guest yonghwee

Hi guys,

my name is Yong Hwee. Am owner of a 4 month old C200 - dark grey... am loving it :clap:

Just want to check on this warning message that has popped up 4 times. It says "ESP Inoperative, check manual". This happens when I drive the car more than regular, ie. driving to 4-5 locations (stopping of 15-30mins with engine turned off at each location) around Singapore say within half a day. My regular driving is one trip then park for a few hours.

Also happened when I reverse more than usual (because of wrong directions, say during house hunting). The message would stay even after I restart the engine, and only goes off after leaving the car till the next day.

The last encounter was when I drove with a hard acceleration around a 120 degree curve. The message appears for a few seconds before disappearing.

anyone knows if this is normal or have to bring in to check? Mine is parallel imported.

Guest yonghwee

Thanks all. I guess it just means going to a workshop for check up.

[sign]... hate these kind of things. I just want a problem free car to drive. Same for my last car Renault, so many problems!

Guest redhood

Complain to your SE and see if he comes and pick up your car and return it to you after repairs for free. One SE at C&C claimed that was the service for 1st owners. Since mine is pre-owned, I had to go to C&C myself when my ESP decided that it was "inoperative". :tazzie:

better go get it checked. With the rain coming down with cats and dogs, you'll want the ESP to be in tip-top condition. :swduel:

Pardon me..... The sensor inoperative doesnt mean it is not working.

Give your SE a call, i think he would be more than willing to help you in this, and remember to request for a coustesy car......

Guest yonghwee

Just had the biggest lesson on getting from PI - not worth saving that S$14k ???

Went to the workshop and they did a check, diagnosed and say they need to replace some ESP thingy which they need to order. Earliest is on 20 nov.

But guess what? Workshop claim there's no warranty cover by PI. One big hoo haa because the workshop (Auto Spritze) and PI (MotorZone) apparently had some agreement on servicing and warranty. But workshop now says warranty is only for Japanese cars. For MB, have to go back to C&C under 2-year international warranty. PI now also said the same thing.

Before we bought the car, PI says they cover 3 years warranty, and we can optionally also have a concurrent international warranty.

Anywayz the PI's SE say will help me settle. Am waiting to see what happens next :-\

Sad to hear about this...My PI (Vincar)and Workshop(MBM) dont give me this problem,my claim few month back was easy and smooth , Hassle free.

Maybe i would advise you to give the Boss, Mr Andy Ang a call about this, must speak to the Boss, not the lady boss.

Guest yonghwee

Unfortunately Andy seems to be avoiding me. Hasn't talked to me since the day I entered their showroom, even though he was like standing nearby. Every question I ask, he will tell the SE to relay answer to me...

better send in for a check up. ESP is really important. the other day while i was travelling along west coast road during heavy downpour, i went over a pool of water @ 80k/h and luckily the ESP kicks in and the car only swirl abit or else, the car would have gone out of control just like the mercedes training experience when we have the ESP off.

Guest johnphua

Thats why it is very important to find out which workshop PI tie to 1st before buying the car. For myself PI (Lay Auto) workshop (MBM) dnt have this problem. I've once bought a set of original bi-xenon headlamps from Benzline and they directed to be installed at Auto Spritze. I was headached after fixed cos wire like bee hoon, headlamp linning out. I brought to MBM to remove and wanted to throw them back to Benzline, luckily at that moment i met 9339, putting them into his car is more worth than throwing back to Benzline, safe time and fuel, and most important a "thank you"

hahaha......

Thats why it is very important to find out which workshop PI tie to 1st before buying the car. For myself PI (Lay Auto) workshop (MBM) dnt have this problem. I've once bought a set of original bi-xenon headlamps from Benzline and they directed to be installed at Auto Spritze. I was headached after fixed cos wire like bee hoon, headlamp linning out. I brought to MBM to remove and wanted to throw them back to Benzline, luckily at that moment i met 9339, putting them into his car is more worth than throwing back to Benzline, safe time and fuel, and most important a "thank you"

hahaha......

Yes bro, finally you start posting.... Thanks for the light, Do you know, till today, many member still dont belive that you given that pair of Xenon to me.... :clap: :iconsalut:

Guest yonghwee

After calling the SE from MotorZone, seem like they settle with AutoSpritze already... so warranty still under AutoSpritze. Am waiting for parts for the ESP before going in for change.

Actually my worry about rainy season is flooding. Anyone heard of water seeping into Merc via those drainage holes at the wiper area? That's what happened to my Renault because so much leaf went into the hole and clotted the drainage. Sorry arh... I know this is Merc, not Renault... but just want to have peace of mind lah :bboyspin:

After calling the SE from MotorZone, seem like they settle with AutoSpritze already... so warranty still under AutoSpritze. Am waiting for parts for the ESP before going in for change.

Actually my worry about rainy season is flooding. Anyone heard of water seeping into Merc via those drainage holes at the wiper area? That's what happened to my Renault because so much leaf went into the hole and clotted the drainage. Sorry arh... I know this is Merc, not Renault... but just want to have peace of mind lah :bboyspin:

Well, I face the problem of leaves at the carpark both at home and office.

While the foam wash guys try to jet the leaves away, the small ones do get stuck which I remove by hand or a portable vacuum.

Guest johnphua

Bro 9339, this is fated, your're the 1st one i know in this sgmerc club. Hahaha.... It is very important to let our fellow members who wish to buy benz from PI to take note to select a good workshop. Alot of workshop like to "tai chai" here and there if problem arises. As u know i'm quite a regular to MBM, whenever after the job and ask them how much, most of the time they will reply "in goodwill". Like u see how come MBM can manage to fix the headlamps into your car so neatly, properly and also work well without blinking, and why can't the mentioned workshop. Perhaps most of the workshops need to attend those courses in regard of sense of responsible. I've learnt from this expensive incident (bi-xenon headlamps = $3k+).

Guest yonghwee

just to keep all updated and close this thread... am writing this right in Autospritze ;D

warranty issue settled (hopefully :pray:)and they called me this morning that the parts are in and can come in anytime to replace the ESP. was earlier than the 20th Nov expected date.

Guest redhood

just to keep all updated and close this thread... am writing this right in Autospritze ;D

warranty issue settled (hopefully :pray:)and they called me this morning that the parts are in and can come in anytime to replace the ESP. was earlier than the 20th Nov expected date.

maybe they have been monitoring this forum and realised that they better wake up their idea ... congrats!

That's great, think most PI will not choose to ignore such issue which only involve such small amount.....their reputation would not worth that less......