• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Question on C200

Guest angela

Guest morganoh

Hi

I'm considering getting C200 Kompressor but am wondering what the fuel consumption is like.

My with K-box + pullery + quad exhaust + high flow cat + header + sprint booster

can get around 9.5L per 100 km

or 1 L can travel 10.5km

morganoh ]

Hi

I' wrote:

My with K-box + pullery + quad exhaust + high flow cat + header + sprint booster

or 1 L can travel 10.5km

Wow.. 10.5km/ltr on a quad exhaust sounds good. I'm stock but doing the same as you. What's your consumption pattern? :)

Guest morganoh

chris ]

Hi

I' wrote:

or 1 L can travel 10.5km

Its a mix of everything.

35 percent of time , I'm no highway, its around 6.5-7L per 100km

45 percent of time. I drive normally accelerating and gear change around 3000rpm its 8.5-9.5L per 100km

20 percent of time. I drive hard and gear change around 4000-5000 rpm its around 11.5L per 100km

Wow.. 10.5km/ltr on a quad exhaust sounds good. I'm stock but doing the same as you. What's your consumption pattern? :)

Thanx..

>> On highways I get 8.

45 percent of time. I drive normally accelerating and gear change around 3000rpm its 8.5-9.5L per 100km

20 percent of time. I drive hard and gear change around 4000-5000 rpm its around 11.5L per 100km

>> I always thought that changing to a quad exhaust would increase fuel consumption, or least the higher consumption at city speeds would offset whatever gains we get at cruising speeds. Now it seems that I was wrong :) Way to go bro.

Guest morganoh

Thanx..

>> On highways I get 8.

>> I always thought that changing to a quad exhaust would increase fuel consumption, or least the higher consumption at city speeds would offset whatever gains we get at cruising speeds. Now it seems that I was wrong :) Way to go bro.

the exhaust and header and high flow cat makes some diff to my car fuel consumption.

cos I do not have to step on the accelerator that hard in order for the car to reach an rpm of 3000-4000.

and it also takes a short time to reach higher rpm and reach the speed u want faster(earlier). and therefore u can cruise at a lower rpm sooner.

u will burn more fuel if u hold and drag the car for a longer time at high rpm in order to reach the speed u want.

(I got these fuel saving info from the web and try it out, and it works)

Guest morganoh

My average over the last 4 months is 12++L/100km. A full tank ~60 litres gives me about 420km.

Thats what I got too before all the modifications.

The main reason is like what I said above, cos the car has a Low HP and more people step on the accelerator and

maintain a Higher rpm before they reach the speed they wanted. (so this period of time of High rpm burn the most fuel)

with a modified car, the HP and torque are much higher, therefore takes shorter time to reach the same speed ,

and short time for high rpm.

But after the modifications, my average is now around 9-10L/100km

the indicator showing I should pump petrol appears around 525Km.