• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Review of new W205

celestar

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ride

Supple, stable and composed ard bends. V good insulation against external noise. But for my 180, I didnt like the engine noise intrusion, something my previous c200 didnt have. Theres a rattling frm the footwell esp obvious during cold start and acceleration. Will have it checked soon

Brakes (AMG LINE)

Bites very well. Excellent linear feel

Fit and finish

AMG line has Artico leather on dash, Amg line seats which has thick side booster etc for c180. C200 not too sure what leather they use foe dash, but they use Nappa for the seats. NAPPA is nice soft and Supple but may need more TLC vs Artico

Buttons and aircon vents feels pretty good. AMG line comes with flat base steering, aluminium paddles and pedals...

Technology

Limited tech with audio 20. Not sure if its worth upgrading to Command. Personal willw wait till Carplay news is out.

Stock audio is ok lor... Wished I had opt for Burmester though

Integrated reverse camera that pops out of cover only when engaging reverse gear, ensuring lens is clean.

Didnt have airmatic or 360 or HUD so cannot comment

Panaroof... Loving it!!

Power delivery

I would say for the c180 1.6 power delivery is decent. Almost similar to my w204 c200. But the gearbox responds better than my old 5 speeder.

Fuel consumption

Avg 7.6l/100km

I had palladium silver with black interior. Would love to have the red color interior though. Maybe when a bit sian of the cae can change the leather with aftermarket vendors..

Bravocc10 .. congrats on your new ride.

Thanks so much for your review.

I should be taking the dive ..C180 AMG Polar white. But wait is till Apr for that colour.

Tried asking for option of 360 cam ..she said option now temporarily not available for c180 .. some coding problem. Not sure if its true.

Sale rep offered the DVR in front cam .. but looks very intrusive .. may get Blackvue front and back with motion detection to record vandals .. as a deterent

Perhaps a group buy later on.