• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Stock Speaker what brand

Guest turismo

Guest turismo

Hi,

Anyone know what is the brand of the stock speaker that come with W204 C180? Are they paper cone speakers?

How many do we have

2 x front doors

2 x rear doors

Are there speakers near the side mirror?

Totally cluesless about ICE.

Hi,

Anyone know what is the brand of the stock speaker that come with W204 C180? Are they paper cone speakers?

How many do we have

2 x front doors

2 x rear doors

Are there speakers near the side mirror?

Totally cluesless about ICE.

Should be paper bro...and I think they are components. Your SA or brochure should have state how many spealers lor

Guest kepiting1sg

Yes...they are paper cones ones

2 x tweeters (next to side mirror)

2 x front door

2 x rear door

It depends on your model too.

My W203 I believe dun have any rear door speakers

but it comes with a 8" sub on the rear parcel shelf, 2 speakers on the front door

& 2 tweeters near the a-pillars.

IMHO,

Any change of the stock speakers will immediately bring "noticeable" improvements in the sound quality.

2 x front door

2 x rear door

It depends on your model too.

My W203 I believe dun have any rear door speakers

but it comes with a 8" sub on the rear parcel shelf, 2 speakers on the front door

& 2 tweeters near the a-pillars.

IMHO,

Any change of the stock speakers will immediately bring "noticeable" improvements in the sound quality.

But I find our W203 sound quality already quite good on stock, & I quite like the sub bass... so currently have no intention to upgrade further.

Don't know the setup in the W204 same or not?? ???

Guest kepiting1sg

But I find our W203 sound quality already quite good on stock, & I quite like the sub bass... so currently have no intention to upgrade further.

Don't know the setup in the W204 same or not?? ???

IMHO

The 8" sub on the back parcel shelf bass Hz can't go much lower h than 35Hz

OK not for the not too discerning ears!

As long as U are happy with your ICE that should be the way to go & not to spend "unnecessary money" searching

for ICE nirvana in the unfriendly accoustic environment of the car.

2 x front door

2 x rear door

Your nick seem familiar? Are you the same guy I know from RTC ?

RTC - Remedial Training Class????

2 x front door

2 x rear door

Or Re-formation Training Camp ?????

Guest turismo

2 x front door

2 x rear door

Or Re-formation Training Camp ?????

nope :banghead: Rush Terios Club. I used to drive a Toyota Rush....

Today sat my frens Subaru Legacy. Car comes standard with "McIntosh" say to be worth couple of thousands.

After listening, I would say.. can even match my W203 stock sound system. :yawn:

I would say I have upgraded my "status".. but downgraded my "power".

Last time ppl use to call me "bro".. but now some started calling me "uncle" :dblfk:

Oh no! You have just did something which is a NO NO here.....Good luck Bro.

I would say I have upgraded my "status".. but downgraded my "power".

Last time ppl use to call me "bro".. but now some started calling me "uncle" :dblfk:

Oh no! You have just did something which is a NO NO here.....Good luck Bro.

haha :D

But I'm proud to be a merc owner. At least I got some respect even ppl calling me uncle.

Last time I drove my previous rex to Raffles Town Club.. the security guard asked me "Where am I going.. for why.."

Now I drove a merc.. he just show a "Welcome gesture.. & direction to the car park!

Guest kepiting1sg

I'm thinking of just changing the 2 front speakers

Is our original HeadUnit able to "drive" the speakers without any amps

IMHO

The stock HU should able to drive speakers without any amps but not at a "high volume".

When at "high volume" HU signal distortions set in.

Guest morganoh

Batam Cheem ]

I' wrote:

IMHO

The stock HU should able to drive speakers without any amps but not at a "high volume".

When at "high volume" HU signal distortions set in.

Any recommendations for very high sensitivity speaker that can connect directly to original HU without amp?

I would like to spend between 500-1000 dollars, (I'm into vocal , jazz music/songs)

The only reasons why I do not want amps and woofer is I do not want installer to remove too much of the flooring or any covers on the car.

thanks

Guest kepiting1sg

Any recommendations for very high sensitivity speaker that can connect directly to original HU without amp?

I would like to spend between 500-1000 dollars, (I'm into vocal , jazz music/songs)

The only reasons why I do not want amps and woofer is I do not want installer to remove too much of the flooring or any covers on the car.

thanks

Hi,

Find some time to visit my installer please!

Swift Motion Enterprises Pte Ltd

9 Kaki Bukit Road 1, Eunos Technolink

#03-11 Singapore 415938

Tel: 62966330

Sam Tan the owner has been in this business for a few decades.

He's a patient & very experienced man, so feel free to chat up with him what you want and your budget - no obligation.

He does all kinds of cars from Japs to the Exotic.

I believe Jenvid did his ICE there too.

Just mention Unker Batam he will know. :punk1:

I believe he can give you some pretty good recommendations according to your wants & budget.

He is currently preparing my ride for the SASCA/IASCA (International Auto Sound Challenge Association) finals in 2 weeks time.

My car has been sodomized and raped many times over and the ride is quieter than stock after the multi-layers of sound proofing.

You are invited to listen to my ride if you have the time and it will be my honor. :welcome:

My car will be there till next week Thursday evening(there for almost 1 mth) and will be back there again for some last minute

check the following Monday to Friday. The finals will be held on Sunday 7th Dec '08 Eunos Post Center.