• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing for my new car W211

Guest TaiZhi

Hi Bro & Sis out there ... wish to know when do i need to service my car ... like 1000 km or 5000 km ... Is the panel display will show my car needed to be service ... Thanks for the replies :yumyum:

for brand new w211, 1st servicing & oil change is at 10k km. the panel display will prompt u. the car have already been 'run in', so dont have to drive below 3000rpm. on the 1st day i got my w211, i 'whacked' the car to check out the power. hehehehehe....

but if u prefer, u can also service it before it reaches 10k. drive the car, familiarized it & maybe change the engine oil to ROAR. it helps a lot.

when u got the car, did you not get advised when to come in for the 'free' standard servicing ? Typically it shd be 1000km, 5000km and 10000km ...

huh???? free standard servicing? my se only told me tat its already been run in & to do the 1st service at 10k km. informed me tat gone were the days where u have to service it at 1k, 5k ........

hehehe ... u mean these days no more 3 std servicing huh ? me out of the scene la ... can afford 2nd hand car onli ... but i guess depends on wat the dealer puts in when car is delivered rite ? if mineral, then might as well after 1000km, go chageout to fully syn and do service at 10000km interval ?

for newer cars, think they no longer use mineral engine oils. btw, new cars cannot use leaded petrol nowadays..... just in case u not in that scene also :banghead: :banghead: ... just kidding bro..... :surrender: :surrender: from wat i know, new merc dont need to do those servicing until 10k km. lower running cost for an expensive car. lower cc so lower road tax too.... in a long run, merc is cheaper then most continental cars.

• 4 months later...
Guest exile

SE told us to call her when our car reaches about 13K km.... she will come and pick up the car and send for servcing... 1st service according to her is 15K km....

Guest exile

Maybe that is why she ask us to call her when the mileage is around 13K km and not when it reached 15K km... she will arrange to pick the car up from our workplace....