• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E W211 Mod List

keltanky

razer123 ]

Sorry to Dig this thread up. I just collected my E230 avant garde from the mercedes showroom on 23NOV.

congrats, bro.

Anyway, long story short, is there anyway to improve torque as well as power? I' wrote:

sorry bro, ur 2.5 litre engine is naturally aspirated... (same as mine, NA FTW!!!)

iirc kleeman pullies only for kompressor (supercharged) engines..

Also, are there any places I can get my hands on say a magnaflow exhaust or eisenmann that looks almost 100% like my original avant garde style twin pipes (one on each side) on the E230? I'll like to keep the original shape but a more sporty and lively throaty sound.

u change inside pipe, near the cat converter (not too sure how to explain specifically - u can check with one of our members 2 mercie 2), outside will be the same, but sound is much more deeper and better..

I know bmw is pretty simple and we have so many options but it seems like the places modding or rather doing up merc's in singapore is rather limited huh?

bmw is not simple... just the same reason why honda has more mods compared to toyota... ;)

Sorry to Dig this thread up. I just collected my E230 avant garde from the mercedes showroom on 23NOV. Its the first time I'm driving a mercedes after many years of long family tradition with BMW cars. Anyway, this car possesses not too bad a mid torque but still, off the line, it feels a little sluggish probably because of the 7g-tronic gear box which I'm not at all sold. Its great for comfort and less spirited drives.

However, when you want something lively and more response, I've got to stick to S mode and sometimes there is a lag where the transmission drops 2 gears before transferring power to the wheels. Other than that, all is fine and the car's in a beautiful metallic black colour. Was thinking of sending it to Nanoguard for paint protection and to remove some of the Swirl Marks that I've noticed on the car.

Anyway, long story short, is there anyway to improve torque as well as power? I've seen members here upgrade to kleeman pullies and air boxes but how much or rather how beneficiary are they? Can you feel a difference? Also, are there any places I can get my hands on say a magnaflow exhaust or eisenmann that looks almost 100% like my original avant garde style twin pipes (one on each side) on the E230? I'll like to keep the original shape but a more sporty and lively throaty sound.

Oh, and does MBM do ECU re-mapping and stuff like that?

I know bmw is pretty simple and we have so many options but it seems like the places modding or rather doing up merc's in singapore is rather limited huh?

congratz on your new ride... the e230 should have more power than the e200. maybe wat u need is a sprint booster. as for the rest of your enquires, sillywilly is right.

funng ]

sy69u ]

hi funng, please read my reply in purple.

bro sy, the white foglights, can provide some details on them? perhaps where you got them and at what cost?

Xmas is coming, should get presents. hahahaha. bought & installed them at MBM. cant remember the price but it should be more than 100, less than 200 each. but i suggest u 2 go around & look at other installers as i think its very expensive. didnt have the time to look around, so bo pian.

Just curious, pardon my noob-ness, after the kbox, pulley, headers and "operated" exhaust. Warranty by C&C no longer stands right? so far, c&c did not say anything. after installing them, i do send in my car for servicing & minor repairs. they did not say anything.

Also, I suppose Mercs are different from Jap cars, which can be tuned/modified left right and centre, are there any problems or potential risks with those mods you guys made? so far so good. just occasionally ' wrote:

I was thinking about "operating" exhaust (Stock W211 E200k w/ some dunno what package), but was told I would lose power by a friend who worked as a Honda tech. He also advised me not to do the mods (headers, pulleys), due to "heavy reliance on electronics" in Mercs. Any comments? well, its all individual. just make sure u get the right people to install them for you.

thanks alot for the answers bro.

by the way, what brand you using for the foglights? philips diamond like dewey' wrote:

i looking for a stock centre pipe, if u wan operated, i can change with u...

haha. I'm very tempted, but gotta think about it. thanks so much for the offer.

yes, its philips diamond bro.

Thanks for the help. Is there anyway to increase the overall power and torque for the car? I don't want a super sprint because I've tried that one the BMW M3 and it was horrible. Car became so hard to park especially so when its SMG....Anyway, regarding to changing the inner pipe near the CAT, would that mean a mod that requires drilling welding and cutting or is it simply a replacement of a piece of the pipe? Is that called a resonator? My current E230 with th avant garde styling has a low rumble when idling and I would like to keep that. Just that when its at higher RPM's I want a lower throathy sound that's closer to the E55. American muscle sound you get what I mean? Anyway, where can I have that done?

But won't adding a V6 super charger mean a need to change loads of other parts and probably make your ride LTA non-compliant? Anyway, does anyone know roughly the price of doing up a super charger? :tazzie: I'm beginning to love this Merc modding thing! Anyway, I don't think Brabus has twin exhuast for the rear that looks like the original avant garde styling do they?

Bro, Sprintbooster wont your car hard to park. We got bros with the c350(272hp) & 7G also install Sprintbooster.

It really cuts the lag in the e-accelerator. and give some 420hp car a run for its $$$. :devil2: :devil2:

• 8 months later...

Hi

I a new member with an e class, saw your mods available for sale, can you tell me what else are available

which year is your e200? start with the kleemen header & high flow cat. I think 1 of the forum members is selling it real real cheap....