• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Auto dimming side mirror

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone knows how to disable the auto dimming function or must change the entire side mirror or I can just change the glass mirror?

As I would be tinting my windows hence if the side mirror dims down or darken, I wont be able to see a thing.

My first relationship is with a Japanese. Raw n pure. Then I move on for a Korea born American. Quiet n demure. I broke off with her for a China bitch. She so eye catching but her emotions is crazy. I decided to let go. Went for pure Korean then. The feeling was good. Realized she is too small for my size. I quit Korea and got myself a huge American mother fxxker. She so loud n powerful. She seems couldn't have enough of my ramming. Always asking for more. I felt like a king. But maintenance is crazy. Meanwhile I had a affair with another even bigger Amercian. The feeling was good. Get to choose riding who each day. Finally I'm tired. One day I decided I think I wanna try a German and I got her. This is the best one ever. Sleek... Quiet... Ready to charge anytime... I promise I will be faithful this time round and ride on her and on her only. Her name is Mercedes-Benz....

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone knows how to disable the auto dimming function or must change the entire side mirror or I can just change the glass mirror?

As I would be tinting my windows hence if the side mirror dims down or darken, I wont be able to see a thing.

My window is tinted to LTA specs. No issue with the dimming effect. Unless yours is tinted illegally darker....

I cannot find that button... lol... mine is w221... anyone knows where??

My first relationship is with a Japanese. Raw n pure. Then I move on for a Korea born American. Quiet n demure. I broke off with her for a China bitch. She so eye catching but her emotions is crazy. I decided to let go. Went for pure Korean then. The feeling was good. Realized she is too small for my size. I quit Korea and got myself a huge American mother fxxker. She so loud n powerful. She seems couldn't have enough of my ramming. Always asking for more. I felt like a king. But maintenance is crazy. Meanwhile I had a affair with another even bigger Amercian. The feeling was good. Get to choose riding who each day. Finally I'm tired. One day I decided I think I wanna try a German and I got her. This is the best one ever. Sleek... Quiet... Ready to charge anytime... I promise I will be faithful this time round and ride on her and on her only. Her name is Mercedes-Benz....

i will try find that sensor... rear mirror and side mirror dimming is link one eh??

as to the tinting question... cannot answer here.... :D :D

You mean the side mirror will change colour (to green) at times? This happens to my car.

Not sure of you have experience this, the driver,s side mirror when I turns to green, it seems like a film is pasted on the mirror and leaving a border of the normal colored mirror. However the front passenger side, the mirror doesn't have the border leh. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

Yes, dimming only happens to the rear view mirror and the driver side mirror. For Mercedes, there isn't a switch to turn the function off. You need to cover the sensor on the rear view mirror if you want to "deactivate" the system. Will need sometime to get used to the dimming effect, but once you get used to it, it's actually quite effective.

Yes, dimming only happens to the rear view mirror and the driver side mirror. For Mercedes, there isn't a switch to turn the function off. You need to cover the sensor on the rear view mirror if you want to "deactivate" the system. Will need sometime to get used to the dimming effect, but once you get used to it, it's actually quite effective.

Yea.... Agreed, got problems when i had the ride too. Not use to it. Aft time pass, hmmm seems to be good after all.

i agree too... it is very very good.... because if the rear car light very bright it will not affect you at all after the mirror dims down.

however i will be tinting my windows... later become double whelmy... lol 

You mean the side mirror will change colour (to green) at times? This happens to my car.

Not sure of you have experience this, the driver,s side mirror when I turns to green, it seems like a film is pasted on the mirror and leaving a border of the normal colored mirror. However the front passenger side, the mirror doesn't have the border leh. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

its an Anti-Glare function that helps you maintain good visual even if the car behind you is in high beam shinning into the mirrors.

AntiGlare only on the rear view mirror and driver side mirror.

LOL, bro you sound as if i look like tan hak leh....

yes... that is tan hak leh.... im the other one....

its an Anti-Glare function that helps you maintain good visual even if the car behind you is in high beam shinning into the mirrors.

AntiGlare only on the rear view mirror and driver side mirror.

Thanks mate

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

Ok confirm you more yan dao than him. LOL

Lol...dun show him this post ok??

Later I kena from him....