• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2014 B180 Chrome review

Austin77

Hi, i'm not sure if its called W246 model but i'm referring to the current B180 chrome model avail at the merc showroom.

I'm contemplating to buying this model as me and my wife likes the space, interior but my friends are advising me on the high side on maintenance as compared to jap models.

Anyone driving this particular model can share their thoughts and advise on the fuel consumption ( on avg ) , servicing and parts maintenance would really mean alot for me to making my decision, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

i was given the option to take a nov 2013 year manufacture or 2014 manufacture model and was told there's no diff... decided to go with the 2013 as i can receive the car within this month..

anyone has any advise to not go with the 2014 rather with the 2014, pls let me know..appreciate it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

My wife just booked the B180 chrome last weekend.

We were around Alexandra area, not really looking at cars, went pass C&C ... then she remembered her fren just collected her B180 (W246), went in look see .. ends up booked one.

My first impression is ... VFM, good features, but the power output really wasted

though I probably wont drive much of it ... but still already several things coming to my mind   ;)

perhaps we can start sharing what you all have already done to your ride ...

and if we are likeminded, we can always do a GB to save on freight from overseas

In my list :

Immediate -

racechip ultimate

sports pedal

customised UV sun shade

customised boot-lining

next -

upsize the rims (once settled in and given the tyres some running down) --- just cant stand run-flat tyres

lower suspension

dream -

brabus W246 kit (probably when the new facelift comes in next year)

brakes ??  really depends how the stock fares

cheers!

Den

Thanks for the Welcome Bro

brown version ? U mean the Orient Brown?

Yup very likely ... but personally I will prefer White when the full mods kick in

But afterall not my car .. my wife's decision ultimately.

I used to get the snap on customised UV sunshade from Vanstyle UK. Hv organised several GBs for it previously.

but they dun seems to hv dat for the W245 or even W246.

I did come across this sonniboy which is a division of climair and is Eur200+ ... wtf ! Vanstyle is abt 90 nia.

Anyway I am still searching .. will update all when I see sgthg.

One question now ...

how is the stock ICE - Audio 20? For the W246?

Read in some threads like the JBL MS-8 can do wonders like dat.

I do hv a MS-8 I can dekit plus some pretty fair speakers and tchernova interconnects .. wondering if it is worth the effort and $$ bringing it across.

so hope can get some enlightenment from the ICE gurus here

the Harmon Kardon logic 7 from Elebest does sounds tempting as my previous set-up costs me more than dat liao

cheers !

• Like 1

Hi Austin

Under-power ? easy to resolve ... For that occasional spirited drive

How's the road noise ? Noticed its quite noisy on the test drive car

My first suspect is the damn run-flat tyres.

Is it also true that under bonnet there is no insulation engine panel ? If true will need to find this part, original or otherwise can be customised locally

Cheers

Hi Austin

Under-power ? easy to resolve ... For that occasional spirited drive

How's the road noise ? Noticed its quite noisy on the test drive car

My first suspect is the damn run-flat tyres.

Is it also true that under bonnet there is no insulation engine panel ? If true will need to find this part, original or otherwise can be customised locally

Cheers

road noise not that bad and car is very smooth