• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LED parking lights for W203/W204 - Direct Swap In

Guest Great_Cookie

Guest Great_Cookie

Have been dying to get some matching parking lights for my W204... Colour match between the HIDs and Parking lights seem really odd. Apparently in Japan, there is an OEM option for LED parking lights... Have done a bit of digging around the Net and come up with the following.... Made by a company called Brex. Is anyone currently using a set of these??

Apparently these bulbs DO NOT require a resistor to be installed. They are plug-and-play. I've found some references to BMW members also using them

Have found the following from the manufacturer:

http://www.brex.jp/cn/stickwedgebulb/

Apparently 2 types... Now just wondering which ones are better suited... Type A, or B?...

Appears that the E-Class is better suited to the Type B (2 LED on one side). But don't know about the C (Haven't had a look at the housing in detail yet, but I suspect the A type).

Now if only we can get a group buy going.... Note for the W204, we need four bulbs!!! Pity I don't read an inkling of Japanese, otherwise I might be inclined to try and get this group buy going myself.

Guest Great_Cookie

Hey Turismo,

Will await your response eagerly... Apparently the RRP on the bulbs is JPY9800 (from manufacturer's website); but have found it on other places in Japan for JPY9030 ~ approx SGD$131 for a pair. Bear in mind our front eyelids need 2 pairs for the front. Not a cheap LED lighting solution by any means (I mean circa $300 for eyelids is pushing it); but you pay for the convenience I guess...

Anyone offhand know what our rear licence-plate holders take? is it the same bulb?

Actually, another question I had (posed somewhere else) was that the 'new' facelifted W211's have the LED parking lights as well.... Are they the same wedge-type bulb? Any one know/tried swapping them into our W204s? Could be a cheaper (OEM) solution if they do work!

Guest turismo

Supplier just got back to me on this.

It is an OEM type similar the type A one posted eariler. But not cheap leh ard $70 per set of 2

I have requested for some pics from them. Will keep you guys posted...

Guest Great_Cookie

Nice job Turismo...

Any word on maybe a further discount if we get a certain number of orders going?

$70 per set is still cheaper than the Brex Bulbs... Any idea on the Brand? Ziza?

So long as they're of decent quality and confirmed not to have the "Bulb Out" error, I should be fine.

Here's Hoping they work! :pray:

Guest turismo

Nice job Turismo...

Any word on maybe a further discount if we get a certain number of orders going?

$70 per set is still cheaper than the Brex Bulbs... Any idea on the Brand? Ziza?

So long as they're of decent quality and confirmed not to have the "Bulb Out" error, I should be fine.

Here's Hoping they work! :pray:

Bad news doesn't work. No bulb out error but parking light flicker. My friend was telling me that I may need a resistor not such why. Anyway will source further for the bulb and inform you guys if I find anything....