• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Question for SLK owner

Guest angela

Guest angela

For those of you who own the SLK and since it is a 2-seater, could you share what other car you own beside the SLK?

Would it make sense to drive a SLK + Kia saloon/SUV? Or would it make more sense to use the money to buy a E-class?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VBlaster_W211

It depends on what you want. I ended up with the E Class as I considered family comfort and safety.

As for the fun ride, I decided to go for Integra. Basically, Japanese rides have unlimited potential for tweaking.

If the other way round, I guess I could go with SLK with a CL7R, Legacy GT or even Camry/Cefiro.

Guest Raskie

For those of you who own the SLK and since it is a 2-seater, could you share what other car you own beside the SLK?

Would it make sense to drive a SLK + Kia saloon/SUV? Or would it make more sense to use the money to buy a E-class?

Hee hee .. the above is what's on my mind for quite some time now ... it's either (a) CLK+cheap sedan (for grocery trips/ferrying pets), (B) SLK+cheap sedan or © TT Roadster+cheap sedan ! Must admit the new 350Z appeals too ...

wahahaha ..

;D

Guest jenvid

SLK + SUV ala Harrier ? Extremely spacious for passenger and a damn large boot...Used to have this combo.

shiok man.... SUV had beach table & full beach umbrella as std accessories & all my deck out RC eqpt & toys... hehe..

Only thing that ouch was for the fuel consumption of the Harrier... :o

Guest angela

SLK+Harrier seems to be a good option. Change change the logo, out of sudden becomes SLK+Lexus. Not a bad combination.

How is the fuel consumption of the harrier? I notice that my E230 (2.5L) drinks quite a fair bit more than my E200. Not sure why. ;D

Guest angela

Well I my other is a BMW 630... I wanted the Lexus RX400 hybrid but singapore was only getting the base model and I the one I wanted was the one with the GPS, backup cam and so on...

A Q7 might not be a bad idea...

Well I my other is a BMW 630... I wanted the Lexus RX400 hybrid but singapore was only getting the base model and I the one I wanted was the one with the GPS, backup cam and so on...

A Q7 might not be a bad idea...

Heard Q7, is a real BIG DRINKER!!!

"Richburgs Motors", hope i spell correctly, also brings in the RX400H, can check with them???

Guest angela

Seen it already... they did their own aftermarket upgrades with the 7 inch screen and stuff I wanted the screen direct from the factory. Unfortunately there is no support for the GPS.