• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Where is Best Place for Dyno Test????

Guest morganoh

Guest morganoh

Houston,

I have completed my Mission..... :iconsalut:

I have completed my mod on my w204 :clap:

with Header, High flow cat, K-box+pulley, quad exhaust, Sprint booster + (all the exterior mods)

Does anyone know or can advice me where is the BEST place to go for a Dyno Test????

cos want to know how much more juice did I get from all the above mods.

thanks

Morgan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A easy test but no official with number and figure......

Take on a stock C200 on NSHW.... See did you swallow him like a monster or just chewing him like a 2.3L car....but chances is you probably will be sad after added so much thing but result are only chewing it.....cos heard a member's stock C180 did his top speed @ 230++ , amazing.....mine cant even reach 230 when it was stock......

Think might be the driver not my car......

Guest tls1212

Houston,

I have completed my Mission..... :iconsalut:

I have completed my mod on my w204 :clap:

with Header, High flow cat, K-box+pulley, quad exhaust, Sprint booster + (all the exterior mods)

Does anyone know or can advice me where is the BEST place to go for a Dyno Test????

cos want to know how much more juice did I get from all the above mods.

thanks

Morgan

Did you changed Vaeth intercooler on your car ? once you dyno test pls uploaded the result to us see how much is the different between original stock

Guest morganoh

Did you changed Vaeth intercooler on your car ? once you dyno test pls uploaded the result to us see how much is the different between original stock

Is the Vaeth Intercooler really that good?

Was quote around $2000+++ for it.

How to do a dyno test on stock car?

Guest morganoh

since you done all mod so once you dyno it will see the actual result hp so already can compared with the stock hp

thanks, I will do it next week cos flying off tmr.

Just to check the original HP stated on by Merc, is it 185HP at the Wheel?

bro,

you should have dynoed your car even before you started your first mod, now that your car is modded you are not going to get the exact HP increase after spending thousands of dollar.

spec show 185HP and was done in germany climate, good weather at below 20 degree. Here at 34 degree probably get minus 20% so dyno should show 148HP only, plus all the mod you have you probably getting 210HP.

A proper dyno should be done with a wind tunnel with a 250HP fan blowing into your engine. The local shop using a small fan not even 20HP.

You can go down to ST power.

possible to check the Drag and Downforce at the Wind tunnel? how much is one run?

since you done all mod so once you dyno it will see the actual result hp so already can compared with the stock hp

you will be very depressed, i can assured you.

ya i agree with kompressor. when i had my w203 (C180 kompressor) dynoed at a place in amk auto centre (can't remember the name of the shop), i was shocked to see the result. i had all the stuff, kbox + pulley kit, header + down pipe and intercooler, the result was only marginally more than stock. stock was suppose to be 146 bhp and the result was only like 10bhp more :banghead: but then, while the result shows marginal increase in bhp, the drive is definitely more powerful. i know of some other members who have the same mod (+ or - some stuff), their results were much different with at least 50bhp gain (pardon me if i use the wrong term as I am not familiar with what they call power at the crank or at the wheel).

now that i have done the same mode (this time with brabus quad exhaust), i have not dyno the car yet. one reason is that i don't want to be disappointed by the result and the other is that dyno put a lot of stress on the engine. seeing how the mechanic push the car really heart pain :tongue1:

Guest morganoh

Just did my dyno at Autotronic at AMK autopoint #03-02

This is my results

My car HP at the crank is 213HP , at the wheel is 164HP (at 4600rpm to 6100rpm)

(this is base on an estimate of 30% power lost from engine to wheel)

The torque is 342Nm (from 2600rpm to 4500rpm)

torque drop from 342Nm to 240Nm (from 4500rpm to 6100rpm)

Guest morganoh

great number ,maybe your exhaust affected your torque due too much flow out

The guy doing my dyno told me.

as I had change my downpipe to a small than original, (due to less resistant & bigger C63 exhaust)

As a result my Torque start to decrease from 340Nm to 240Nm after 4600rpm. (choking effect at higher rpm after 4600rpm)

Was told if I change my downpipe to a bigger one,

the HP will be increase, but will decrease the Torque in the Lower rpm. (so can acheive High torque and high HP at the same time)

but I decided not to change the downpipe cos me and wife drive around 3000-4000rpm most of the time,

so low end torque is still more important. (unless I race and always drive above 4000-6000rpm then I will change to bigger downpipe)