• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Check Engine Light On!

Guest VBlaster_W211

Guest VBlaster_W211

Frustrating. Without warning, the CEL came on today and engine/supercharger is vibrating noticeably at idle/low rpm. The E200 is driveable at mid-high rpm.

WTH is going on? Stupid Merc Centre closes on Sun so pretty much stuck. Not sure if safe drive to Merc Centre under such condition.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VBlaster_W211

Wow excellent service once again from Kelvin of MBM!

Worried if it's still safe to drive, sms him and got immediate tech support. Suspected air leak in one of the 3 engine air pipe. Since still under warranty, going back to Merc Centre to sort it out.

Will definitely use MBM after warranty for repairs.

Such is the difference. Even for official dealer, if something is wrong over weekend, you get no advice if it's still safe to drive etc. But for us Merc community, we have MBM.

Thanks Kelvin!

Guest VBlaster_W211

No. But our friendly Kelvin is avail for tech advice even on Sun. So at least I know it's still safe to drive despite the symptoms so I can send in on Mon.

Guest Cklasse

If you want to pay, can call StarAssist (from C&C), even on Sunday.

I called them for help a year ago when my battery went dead on a Sunday but they are not much of a help.

It was AAS that came to assist me, the only problem is the van does not carry such a big battery for Merc. At least AAS helped me to restart the engine so that I can drive to a nearby Shell station for replacement battery.

Guest kepiting1sg

If you want to pay, can call StarAssist (from C&C), even on Sunday.

I called them for help a year ago when my battery went dead on a Sunday but they are not much of a help.

It was AAS that came to assist me, the only problem is the van does not carry such a big battery for Merc. At least AAS helped me to restart the engine so that I can drive to a nearby Shell station for replacement battery.

Same thing happen to me on a Sunday!

Star Assist no help. :o

AA came and replaced my battery on the spot.

Guest VBlaster_W211

As correctly diagnosed, one of the 3 engine air pipes leaked. C&C replaced all 3 under warranty.

You know what's irritating? There's nothing majorly wrong with the E, and drives well. It's these little stuff that probably throws Mercedes into recent poor reliability ratings. So far, have had:

1. Air con condenser coil replaced

2. Audio 20 replaced

3. Engine mounts replaced

4. Engine air pipe replaced

I wonder what's next? Hopefully no more as nearing end of warranty this Nov. Sigh....