• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Some tweak to ur W124 for better response..

Guest Mike

For 16 valves owner:

1. Replace ur current rating 5 trimmer plug on ur PMS module with rating 1.( timing advanced )

2. Flip out ur throttle cable for softer Acc pedal feel.

3. Adjust tranny cable till first gear start.

For 8 valves owner:

1. Remove ur R16 resistor to advance timing.

2. Check if ur EZL dial is at Setting No. 1 for advanced timing.( applies to onli model with the adjustable EZL)

3. Flip out ur throttle cable for softer Acc pedal feel.

Guest ericlim1338

Bro, nobody seems interested.

16Valve - I replaced mine yesterday, perfect feel... :la:

Worth a try, cost very little only...

Anyway thanks Mike for recommending and buying that tweak for me. Cheers

Wah, you really dig into the mysteries of W124... :thumbsup:

How much is the cost of all those recommended fixes?

And does it affect the fuel consumption?

What do you guys mean by 'first gear start'? I think the car starts at 1st gear in S mode anyway, right? or wrong? :P

nv dig it has been done to my car long time ago and i have to take the trouble to other the small little part from US... and now i found it in singapore so just share with the owners here... fuel consumption is not afftected... unless u start to heavy foot. =) u must slap the acc on S mode den first gear start... after adjusting the transmission cable even in E mode with light foot u still have got 1st gear start but ur shift point will be a bit higher .

Guest alumetal

sorry ah, me novice and had got a 16V w124.

can explain more on the below ?

For 16 valves owner:

1. Replace ur current rating 5 trimmer plug on ur PMS module with rating 1.( timing advanced ) - How to see and where to buy ?

2. Flip out ur throttle cable for softer Acc pedal feel. - can explain how to do this ?

3. Adjust tranny cable till first gear start.- can explain how to do this ?

• 5 weeks later...