• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

White cla

wj13

Hi. Notice that my car looks yellowish compared to other white cars eg. Bm vw Nissan Honda. Even tried parking beside a white c200 but mine felt yellower. Want to get opinion of those who have a white cla. (Haven't tried parking beside another white cla to see if it's just mine is yellowish)

Hi. Notice that my car looks yellowish compared to other white cars eg. Bm vw Nissan Honda. Even tried parking beside a white c200 but mine felt yellower. Want to get opinion of those who have a white cla. (Haven't tried parking beside another white cla to see if it's just mine is yellowish)

Don't worry bro, it's suppose to look abit yellowish. It's non metallic solid color after all. If you're in the east, you can drop by my place for a comparison.

Yup, the normal white is slightly yellowish. It's a payable option to get the "pure" white colour aka Diamond White.

Thanks cjdre for offering but I stay west haha. I've checked with other white cla today. Confirm that is really slightly yellow. I'm probably going for a diamond white respray. Any spray shop intro?

A full body respray would very likely affect your car resale value slightly as its no longer "Factory paint". You can look for Derrick from Continental Klasse. He's by far one of the better spray painters. Price is slightly higher but their end result is always good. I've personally done up 3 of my cars with him. 

If I spray diamond white. Probably when I sell the dealer won't know right? Haha.

Hmmm. Actually it is possible to find out. Just do a micron scan on the paint. Factory painted cars have a layer of about 100-180 microns IIRC. Resprayed cars will have a thicker layer. Also by exposing certain parts of the car covered by rubber insulation, you can see the original color.

Don't respray lah, join the rest and yellow together!

• Like 2