• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Which Engine Oil served W124 16V best ?

Guest MB98

Used the following

1) Shell Helix Ultra + normal plugs (average)

2) XREV Racing Fomula (5W-30) good but mechanic advise (not suitable for old car like W124)

3) Esso fully synthetic + normal plugs (under power feel after 6,000+ km)

Next Servicing, I am thinking of using XREV Racing Fomula (5W-40) a thicker oil with Bosch Super4 (FR78) plugs

Anyone used this combination before ?

Thank for your comments.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is 5W-30 syn oil too thin for W124 16v (Mileage already 208,000 km) ?

Currently using ESSO syn. Now 7000+km after last servicing, car lose power when travelling long distance (When hot). Probably the oil weaken

Do up my W124 Servicing using XREV Racing syn 5w-40 oil, replaced oil filter & Bosch Super 4 (FR78) plugs. Added 1 bottle of Oil Extreme engine additive. I ready enjoyed my 100+ km ride since yesterday. The only set back is the higher cost of this oil.