• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

In-Car Surveillance Camera

Guest AT1020

Hi,

Has any bros out there installed a surveillance camera in a merc before? any brand to recommend? Saw this brand call Genius Guard VVR, has anyone tried this before? I'm looking for one currently as my windscreen has just being smashed by some mindless idiots while parked in a HDB MSCP.... >:(

The carpark which i parked is right below a HDB block but not facing the units so probably no one saw what happened and it was probably done in middle of the night..it's either pure bad luck or there are ppl who just dun like Merc..

9339, tks for the info! Will shop around a bit more..the one I mentioned (Genius Gard) is quite ex..$1399 for 1 camera, additional $50 for installation if it's Conti car..

Guest morganoh

I bought a Car cam brand is Comtec.

It can run on car power jack while driving, and also on AAA batt if the engines is shutdown.

It can support up to 2GB SD card (1.5hrs) and will continue to record and over write old files when run out of memory.

best of all it only cost $190 (for 3 sets) $240 for 1 set.

I bought 3 one for each car. all facing forward. No no need to worry any driver who cuts into my lane and try to false claim on my insurance.

U can call them at EPT Solutions 62768622

http://www.ept.com.sg/CT_IVOR9401.htm

----------------------------------------------

Or if u are willing to spend abit for around $700.

u can try

CyberCam

Prestige Security Pte Ltd

Blk3 AMK Ind Park 2A 02-01 AMK Tech 1

www.prestige-security.com.sg

Went down to the Prestige Security for a demo today. The whole package seems quite ok and that guy is friendly. The starting price is $799 for 1 camera, $1299 for 2 cameras and $1699 for 3 cameras. The color cameras are bigger in size and same price even if u take the b/w camera. Installation is inclusive unless u ask for more switches all that. Short coming is if you keep ur camera on and dun drive for 2 days the car batt will go flat liao..zzzz