• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

moonroof cannot open / S65 Rotor wornout - advice needed

Auto-Technica SC

I am desperately in need of advice for any good loobang for moon roof repair - cycle estimated labour to be 2k plus

but parts is cheap about 500 plus take a week- time is not the issue

2nd

my S65 rotor both front and back in need of replacing - have been quoted from  - One pcs 2k plus to cheapest 1k plus

brake pads is not a issue.

just need recommendation where we could get lower cost OEM rotors.

any info or feedback very much welcome.

thank you for reading.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to any of our sponsors..... Should be able to assist you..... And won't cost an arm and a leg..... Maybe an arm.... But definitely no leg...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Suggest that you order the rotors from Goldenlnk. Why order? These AMG brake rotors are not common items & therefore not stocked. Takes about 2 weeks for delivery. I recently received my rear brake pads for my AMG BBK...not cheap ($500). Now I'm not surprised that rotors can cost $1-2k each.

I get my workshop in Sin Ming called Team Sportivo to fix it....labour cost happens to be negligible when compared to these parts.

• 2 weeks later...

appreciate all advice /feedback

solution - go ebay and buy - cheaper and faster

as for the moon roof - kiv .. cycle too expensive

most of the well know shop never attempted to repair some even ask

me to go agent.

since the blind is not affected - temp. use it first...

Check this out....The boss is ex CnC tech so he would know

Round Motor

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.