• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine stall!!

Guest HLdrops

Guest HLdrops

My engine stalled in the middle of the road suddenly. Not once but twice.. so dangerous! i thought this only happen to manual car.. but auto merc oso?? Y like that!! Really put my life at risk ah.. :'(

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did it stall?? is it like when u are slowing down when near traffic light?? or at fast speed?? or at complete stop waiting for green light??

First check

1)Battery

2)Ignition coil

just hope that none of the relays or computer board is faulty..

Guest Cklasse

Any petrol bo? The last time I had an engine stalled was in my A-class. The engine starts "coughing" and died after the last drop of petrol used up. I have never let the fuel gauge went below the warning mark ever since....it's bad for the engine, and it's bad for the face. Everyone looks at me because it stalled right at the busy traffic junction, very Malu.

;D

Guest Raskie

yeah - cld be a host of reasons ... my ex-Rover stalled and died just when i cleared the barrier at Great World City ...in the end it was fuel injector problem ..

they had to replace the entire unit.

:o

Guest HLdrops

I think is fuel pump, it happen to mind last year on my way to sepanf for F1.

called the local C&C to tow and repair for free. under warranty.

BTW, my milage at that time was 60k

mine stall then can run again when i restart the enginen ah.. haha, wah seh.. if really need to tow.. first person to call is u ah.. :-\

Guest HLdrops

So, Jas..... any update on what's wrong with your baby?

Problem is i dun treat it as my baby, i torture it, work it to the max and deprive it from petrol. haven done anything to it yet. Thinking of swinging by MBM soon.. busy ah.. :-\