• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Run flat tires

Unimog

Yes. But b200 for chrome they give KNS type. For sports then give continental. For b180 worse

wa lau, mine is B180. I think need to change. I heard CSC 5 is good. Goodyear AS2 also not bad.. Are they run flat tyres?

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

wa lau, mine is B180. I think need to change. I heard CSC 5 is good. Goodyear AS2 also not bad.. Are they run flat tyres?

Bro use it for 1-2 year then change, save money!! if you going to change rims then trade in for high price!! U can tell them new tyre~

Bro use it for 1-2 year then change, save money!! if you going to change rims then trade in for high price!! U can tell them new tyre~

im thinking of changing to 17 inch BBS CF. so maybe will trade in. usually how much can they fetch?

• 2 months later...

Run flat, wear out faster, i do not know why as well.

It make ur car feel more jumpy .....

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Run flat tyres are generally heavier and of stiffer side walls, hard as rock hence jumpy. Some brands manufacturer makes "special" suspensions to couple w run flat rubber to give a more comfort drive. Price of run flat mostly cost more compared to conventional or even performance tyres. Great impact on FC!

Disadvantages outweigh benefits of non-flat. In Singapore context, just simply fit up a TPMS to monitor pressure, get remedy before it goes totally flat. Kiasu? standby wormie patch from autobacs/Stamford tyres shall simply do the job.

• Like 1

Run flat tyres are generally heavier and of stiffer side walls, hard as rock hence jumpy. Some brands manufacturer makes "special" suspensions to couple w run flat rubber to give a more comfort drive. Price of run flat mostly cost more compared to conventional or even performance tyres. Great impact on FC!

Disadvantages outweigh benefits of non-flat. In Singapore context, just simply fit up a TPMS to monitor pressure, get remedy before it goes totally flat. Kiasu? standby wormie patch from autobacs/Stamford tyres shall simply do the job.

Does w246 comes with TPMS? It has tyre pressure indication though. Can bros advise?

TPMS do not come with any car as off now. W246 and most other conti cars YOM 2012 and later has a run flat indicator which detect if one tyre is leaking air faster than the rest and require topping up of air.

It does not detect if all 4 tyre are leaking at a constant rate.

TPMS u could get it at most petrol station or tyre shop or even car hardware shop, just tell them tyre pressure monitor.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.