• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

engine stop by itself

Guest daxchin

Guest daxchin

need some advice,

i experience this with my c200, w204

anyone knows why the engine will shut off by itself when doing a quick reverse parking..

isit a safety feature in the c200?

auto car where will stall one...

:iconsalut:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest daxchin

yes bro... i kena this a few times... when I engage the reverse gear, then quickly stir my steering wheel, then reverse into my parking lor at slightly faster pace.. (as i was rushing for time) the car "emergency stop" all indicator lights flash on... had to pull out key then insert and start engine again.. damm.. is this normal ??

thot it only happens to manual cars....

kindly advice bro... :iconsalut:

My previous B170 had almost a similar problem but engine stopped when moving out of parking lot!

After C&C changed the fuel tank, fuel tank seal, crankshaft position sensor and going in and out of the workshop, the problem still persist!

You moved from D to R too fast ?

In the MB experience, when the car rolled back after a spin too much the engine is cut to protect the gearbox. It even auto move to neutral.

Pls flip through the manual or the interactive manual... pretty sure it is one of those safety feature..

need some advice,

i experience this with my c200, w204

anyone knows why the engine will shut off by itself when doing a quick reverse parking..

isit a safety feature in the c200?

auto car where will stall one...

:iconsalut:

bro my advise for you is avoid quick switching of gear, quick steer your steering wheel to max. damage either of this will cost you a leg, arm maybe neck.

Or unless you have bigger project in mind........

C63 AMG ? :clap: