• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Some questions on SLK

Guest angela

Guest angela

Hi everyone,

im considering a SLK, don't mind pre-owned and ideally new , i had listed some questions and any input would be much appreciated.

1) What's the price difference between PL compare to C&C. OMV & depreciation between the two?

2) supposed im gettin a 1-2 yrs pre-owned 280/350, what's the reasonable depreciation and mkt price like?

3) how much does a whole bodykit cost?

4) what are the must have options if im gettin it new.

5) Is gull wing door an option? or advisable to mod to that?

Any further details to note would be much appreciated, sorry guys if some of my questions seem dumb as I am totally new to merc. TIA cheers!

First of all. :welcome: to SGMERC

to answer some of your question, i mean some.

Hi everyone,

im considering a SLK, don't mind pre-owned and ideally new , i had listed some questions and any input would be much appreciated.

1) What's the price difference between PL compare to C&C. OMV & depreciation between the two?

You mean PI ? For SLK, i think the OMV for SLK are higher than AD, also dont know why. Depreciation ? You should set a decent amount of $15k/year for both PI and AD

2) supposed im gettin a 1-2 yrs pre-owned 280/350, what's the reasonable depreciation and mkt price like?

New or Pre-owned ysually having almost same yearly depreciation. It not like years back where the 1st owner usually depreciate alot. Example: A new SLk selling $180K+- but a 1 year old might still asking for $168K.

3) how much does a whole bodykit cost?

This are Poison, so i will leave it blank till you get your car.....

4) what are the must have options if im gettin it new.

Most 280/350 SLK comes in full spec, more option unless you prepare to pay more if not standard full spec should be good enough. *No keyless,this this only setback

5) Is gull wing door an option? or advisable to mod to that?

Yes, this is a after market product

Any further details to note would be much appreciated, sorry guys if some of my questions seem dumb as I am totally new to merc. TIA cheers!

Guest angela

Thanks 9339,

It's surprisingly that the OMV are higher gettin from PI over agent. I would guess PI have the same if not more features then to account for the higher OMV?

if that's the case, wouldn't it a better deal to purchase from PI? what's the concern for owners to buy from agent in current mkt condition then? warranty?

Another interesting note is the depreciation part which you mentioned, that makes more sense getting a new car then.

Though choice comparing the 280 & 350, difference is by specs which is decent power on a 280 but then the dilemma part is, the 2 models difference is probably about 20K right?

okie, bodystyling kits price may various to brands but how much shd I set aside? Is 5K a good amount to work on?

Thanks for bearing with more questions.

Guest Andlee

Hi..

On the kit portion..5K is definitely not enough..when u install the kit, u do want the rims and tyres to go with it, the quad exhaust..the installation cost...all in all, you are looking at minimum 15-18K...

Thanks 9339,

It's surprisingly that the OMV are higher gettin from PI over agent. I would guess PI have the same if not more features then to account for the higher OMV?

if that's the case, wouldn't it a better deal to purchase from PI? what's the concern for owners to buy from agent in current mkt condition then? warranty?

PI do give Wty, I got my C's from PI at almost 20K less,recent went for a Wty claim thrus MBM, not a single cents need to be paid. Another interesting note is the depreciation part which you mentioned, that makes more sense getting a new car then.

Yes, market situation now is better to get a new car unless you had plan to change it within 1 year time.

Though choice comparing the 280 & 350, difference is by specs which is decent power on a 280 but then the dilemma part is, the 2 models difference is probably about 20K right?

You might also need about 20K to boost your SLK280 to 272bhp

okie, bodystyling kits price may various to brands but how much shd I set aside? Is 5K a good amount to work on?

No,5k not enough. Kits itself might already cost you more than that unless replica. Andlee is right, Kits ,Rims and Exos will add to a min 20K.

Hope i answer your question.....

Guest angela

thanks andlee & 9339,

It boils down to workin on budget allocation, a set of 19" DPE S-series coupled with PS2 tyres would be ard 9-10K alrdy.

What's the price for the AMG brake kit, only agent selling or aftermkt ?

btw, read about G-7 are for year 2006 models onwards, same as the current model gearbox?

okie, anyone here just bought the current model from reliable PI? Perhaps you can recommend me which PI & what would be the price for the 350, if it's sensitive to post it here, can PM me? TIA!

Guest angela

do you guys have a SLK meet-up besides the monthly meet? Though I don't own one yet but i might be convinced to inked on the car purchase agreement faster... after i had ogled at the beauties .. and well, if there's a gathering like this.

Guest Otsego

thanks andlee & 9339,

It boils down to workin on budget allocation, a set of 19" DPE S-series coupled with PS2 tyres would be ard 9-10K alrdy.

What's the price for the AMG brake kit, only agent selling or aftermkt ?

btw, read about G-7 are for year 2006 models onwards, same as the current model gearbox?

okie, anyone here just bought the current model from reliable PI? Perhaps you can recommend me which PI & what would be the price for the 350, if it's sensitive to post it here, can PM me? TIA!

9339 is right, Full Aero package+Quad pipes+19"RIMwTYRES = $20K higher or lower.

Brakes? depends.... AMG FULL set i think around $7K front and back

C&C dun sell AMGs performance parts anymore, last time got 2 Germany blokes from MB-AMG but they went back... they wun be coming back... :pray:

for aftermarket example Brembos,

almost $4K range just for the front only so with back around same prices as the AMGs(for 6POT piston & 355mm rotor)

7-GTronic, yes it only 2006 model onwards(different paddleshifter too), its the same for 2009 model only their software is tune for the different engine.

Guest Otsego

do you guys have a SLK meet-up besides the monthly meet? Though I don't own one yet but i might be convinced to inked on the car purchase agreement faster... after i had ogled at the beauties .. and well, if there's a gathering like this.

come for our meetup this Sunday, i am sure there are enuff SLKs for u to ogled at

user582_pic372_1215875653.jpg

Noitalogesto ]

do you guys have a SLK meet-up besides the monthly meet? Though I don' wrote:

come for our meetup this Sunday, i am sure there are enuff SLKs for u to ogled at

user582_pic372_1215875653.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :devil: :devil: :devil: :coolpic: :coolpic: :coolpic: