• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

EOI: Walkie Talkie Groupbuy!!!

chris

Boys and Girls, Uncle and Aunties pls look in here  :D

***Warning this is not a bak kwa group buy thread.

This is an express of interest thread. I need to gather interest before i can talk to whichever shop for the best bargain. Those who do not have a walkie talkie yet, you can take the chance to buy it now. 

If you already have one, you can buy your second set too. Keep both in your car, they can be very useful at times. 

As for now i do not have any specific model or brand. Still comparing, Vertex VS Kenwood. I personally prefer Vertex. Your inputs are also welcome but don't each person give me one model then end up deciding on a different model and everyone pulls out. If possible, pls let me decide. If its not good don't blame me, blame the manufacturer bcos i compare based on specs given by them  :lol:

Q: Is having a walkie legal? Go through customs ok anot? In SG road can use?

A: Yes we will be buying IDA approved ones which is legal, no issues with customs as the unit has a IDA sticker on it. In SG roads can use but with the handsfree. (just like mobile phone cannot hold and talk)

Price range? No idea but should be around $300 - $500. (digital ones are more ex)

Come on don't "cat" walkie can use for quite awhile and you can set to all car clubs frequency so its worth it!

Any questions or you think we should consider before buying? Come lets discuss here.

*Do note walkie is a must have for drives especially to Malaysia.

CLOSING DATE: 17 Feb 2014

The digital Kenwood sets are super clear. I used it on the previous AMG drive.

I am curious as to what frequencies will be programmed into the analog vs. digital sets because not all car clubs have migrated to digital frequencies.

Just a note about the Kenwood sets, it is easier to get accessories, eg. PTT, headset, etc, for Kenwood than Vertex/Motorola. 

I have Kenwood, Wouxun, Motorola and Vertex radio sets. All in analog.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

hi tanzy long time no see! thanks for your input!

will take note when sourcing.

i still have the kenwood nx320 and it can program cant remember how many but more than enough channels for both analog and digital. therefore i think i have almost all the clubs frequencies haha

yes you are right not many using digital now its just good to have, don't need to buy new when digital frequencies is required.

i prefer Vertex bcos i was communicating with my fren using the kenwood to vertex and vertex to vertex on analog. kenwood battery died earlier and vertex was able to send further. This is based on 2 cars driving to KL. i had a kenwood and vertex, other car had 2 vertex. heavy traffic so talking cock along the way. halfway kenwood can hear him talk but when i talk my fren cant hear as it went out of range i guess. kenwood battery also died along the way up. the vertex he used, battery lasted till half the return trip. design wise the vertex is slimmer and lighter.

noted on the accessories part. will explore for options..

do you wanna get a new set?  :D

cannot wait to get my hands on those walkies set. Can save some mobile bills.... :D 

Can also radio in for backup like those HK movie taxi scenes.... :sword: 

• Like 1

1. chris

2. Jarebbsg

3. chris fren 1

4. chris fren 2

5. chris fren 3

6. chris fren 3

7. Keltanky

After searching below is the list of walkies for consideration: 

1. Kenwood TK3312E - Analog with display $380 128 channels
2. Kenwood TK3000E - Analog without display $220 16 channels
3. Kenwood 
NX320(K5) - Dual(analog & digital) with display $580 128 channels

4. Kenwood NX340 - Dual without display $420 16 channels 2 zones(can switch analog to digital)

5. Vertex 231 - Analog without display $280 16 channels. 

In terms of battery life, first to die will be 2. followed by 5. then 1. then 4. and 3.

All comes with free ear piece and SGMerc frequency.

Prices are before discount the more sets we order the more discount we get.
Currently its $10-$20 discount per set with minimum 10 sets required. Can mix and match any 10 sets.

If we hit more orders, I will push for more discount and update here.

Kindly indicate which set you want next to your name.

A deposit will be required by 17th Feb. Before order placement on 18th Feb.

Pls PM me for deposit details. Thanks!

Dont trust me can meet @ Kallang Mac to pass me cash =)

I will support and be no. 10 then. Haha. My choice is vertex 231 with 50% discount :P

1. chris

2. Jarebbsg

3. chris fren 1

4. chris fren 2

5. chris fren 3

6. chris fren 3

7. Keltanky

8.SilverMerc78

9. Machi

10. Merczai. ( no.5 vertex 231)

bro this gt earpiece included?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

EDWIN here is your answer........

After searching below is the list of walkies for consideration: 

1. Kenwood TK3312E - Analog with display $380 128 channels
2. Kenwood TK3000E - Analog without display $220 16 channels
3. Kenwood 
NX320(K5) - Dual(analog & digital) with display $580 128 channels

4. Kenwood NX340 - Dual without display $420 16 channels 2 zones(can switch analog to digital)

5. Vertex 231 - Analog without display $280 16 channels. 

In terms of battery life, first to die will be 2. followed by 5. then 1. then 4. and 3.

All comes with free ear piece and SGMerc frequency.

Prices are before discount the more sets we order the more discount we get.
Currently its $10-$20 discount per set with minimum 10 sets required. Can mix and match any 10 sets.

If we hit more orders, I will push for more discount and update here.

Kindly indicate which set you want next to your name.

A deposit will be required by 17th Feb. Before order placement on 18th Feb.

Pls PM me for deposit details. Thanks!

Dont trust me can meet @ Kallang Mac to pass me cash =

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Got this kind? hahaha.....This kind shoick shoick

post-2728-0-79562500-1392046330_thumb.jpg

But I think this one also good this is quite cheap also

post-2728-0-14249500-1392046416_thumb.jpg

Those shops normally give me one pathetic earpiece which is this kind

post-2728-0-67134200-1392046424_thumb.jpg

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Got this kind? hahaha.....This kind shoick shoick

attachicon.gifuniversal-headset-earpiece-for-walkie-talkie.jpg

But I think this one also good this is quite cheap also

attachicon.gifwalkie_talkie_earpiece_for_Icom_2_pin.jpg

Those shops normally give me one pathetic earpiece which is this kind

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

ehh.. this is headset nia... sim lim sq or tower walk 1 rd... u anyhow throw 1 stone also have la...zzzz

anyway i think this grp buy thread got NO intention to buy liao, then go apply for bouncer or security one bro...

Bro WT headsets are different from your normal PC or Phone headset its a 2 pin which is a 3.5mm and 2.5mm jack and these headset which usually only Walkie talkie vendors carry. And there are 2 types of WT jack as well... in sim lim there is only 2 shops that carry earpiece for WT which specialized in WT

I was thinking of getting a headset one since my earpiece which i used both the standard ones and the security type ones quite painful after 3-4hrs of drive.

ehh.. this is headset nia... sim lim sq or tower walk 1 rd... u anyhow throw 1 stone also have la...zzzz

anyway i think this grp buy thread got NO intention to buy liao, then go apply for bouncer or security one bro...

Bro WT headsets are different from your normal PC or Phone headset its a 2 pin which is a 3.5mm and 2.5mm jack and these headset which usually only Walkie talkie vendors carry. And there are 2 types of WT jack as well... in sim lim there is only 2 shops that carry earpiece for WT which specialized in WT

I was thinking of getting a headset one since my earpiece which i used both the standard ones and the security type ones quite painful after 3-4hrs of drive.

ya i knw its diff frm phone and pc... is just that u didn't visit the right shop nia. go tower instead... more.. anyway, let's not hijack this thread liaozz kk?