• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Some Questions on C180 and C200 (W203)

Guest RedDevils

Guest RedDevils

Hi Bro and Sis,

My maiden post as I was deciding between buying a second hand C180 or C200 and hope I can get your frank opinion.

Understand that the diff between the 180 and 200 is on the memory seat and the 20 horses. However, I still have some other questions:

1) For the century sprint, how long does it takes for both of them to reach from 0 - 100km?

2) Any different in outlook (interior/exterior) or should I say, improvement between a 2005 and 2006 model (both peanut headlamp)?

3) What wasthe lowest price C&C had ever offer for the C180 and C200 (Elegance)during 2005 to 2006?

4) Is the Sports Edition differs in only the bodykit from the Elegance?

5) Any Steptronic for the gears? (pardon my ignorance on this ;))

6) Any specific area I should look carefully at when buying aC class?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

TIA and Cheers!

Guest angela

RedDevils ]

Hi Bro and Sis,

My maiden post as I was deciding between buying a second hand C180 or C200 and hope I can get your frank opinion.

Understand that the diff between the 180 and 200 is on the memory seat and the 20 horses. However, I still have some other questions:

1) For the century sprint, how long does it takes for both of them to reach from 0 - 100km?

my w203 c180 take just over 10sec, c200 very little or no difference, from what my friend w203 c200 step, she and take of nearly same speed, but maybe she didnt floor totally (the magic button at the bottom of the acc. pedal), or she dun wanna "over rev" her ride.

2) Any different in outlook (interior/exterior) or should I say, improvement between a 2005 and 2006 model (both peanut headlamp)?

2004 was the year of the face lift (FL), pre FL got non-opac glass for headlamps, taillights and mirror signal. FL got opac...

' wrote:

3) What wasthe lowest price C&C had ever offer for the C180 and C200 (Elegance)during 2005 to 2006?

unable to help here...

RedDevils ]

interior of SE got difference, silver plating instead of wooden, to simulate carbon fiber.. wheels are different... also the "classic", "elegant", "avantgarde" at the side of the car and gear knob replaced by "sports edition" wording..

5) Any Steptronic for the gears? (pardon my ignorance on this wrote:

all w203 got tiptronic manual shift, but do note like all merc, it will upshift and downshift when needed to prevent overrev or stalling of engine, so not a true manual, but gets the job done for most of the time.

6) Any specific area I should look carefully at when buying a C class?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

TIA and Cheers!

i think cklasse and jenvid and maybe dash? can help u with this, not so sure myself...

forum for asking questions and receiving help, dun feel shy and you're welcome. =)

Hi Reddevils...welcome welcome! :welcome:

before i answer your questions...u must first stand up and sing out loud....

STAND UP, IF U HATE MAN U, STAND UP, IF U HATE MAN U

STAND UP IF U HATE MAN U,

STAND UP IF U HATE MAN U!!! :devil: >:D :death:

haha...kidding la, bro.

me Liverpool die hard fan here la!!! :tazzie:

here's my honest opinons:

not so sure, but i'm sure the extra torque and bhp of C200 helps over the C180.

2006 facelifted(FL) models have clear headlamps and the dash board lighting/meters is different. FL dashboard lights are white(damn chio) over the preFL(orange). engine wise same.

also i believe those bought in 2006 are all sports edition models

cant help too. but the new FL cost abt 160k for C200 in 2004.

bodykit, rims, suspension and interior trimmings are different. they also have front and rear sensors and built-in bluetooth.

5) Any Steptronic for the gears? (pardon my ignorance on this )

share willy's opinion.

6) Any specific area I should look carefully at when buying a C class?

get a trusted mechanic to go down and take a look. depending on milage, things like tires, disc rotor/brakes and bearings may need change. Engine mounting may need replacing too.(if its not changed, the car will vibrate when u depress the brakes at D).

and lastly, if you can, see if can get a c350 instead!!! :swduel:

WOO HOO!! YOU'LL NEVER MERC ALONE

Guest RedDevils

Thanks sillywilly and dash, will take note.

But I will not stand and sing as what dash recommended :devil2:

So are you saying that 2006 does not comes with elegance model? or the 2006 elegance dashboard light is also white in colour?

Thanks again! :D

So are you saying that 2006 does not comes with elegance model? or the 2006 elegance dashboard light is also white in colour?

2006 w203s should be all sports editions. but may also have some elegance models left over from 2005 that was not sold.

all FL w203s have white lights for the dash board meters.

sports edition ones have different trimmings for the meters too.

and ok, you will have to sing that song when liverpool beat man u this season. :devil:

Guest RedDevils

2006 w203s should be all sports editions. but may also have some elegance models left over from 2005 that was not sold.

and ok, you will have to sing that song when liverpool beat man u this season. :devil:

Mai Ah Ni leh... bully me newbie :'(

Anyway have paid deposit for an end 2005 c200 elegance model today.

Hope to join you guys one of these days. Once again thanks!

Cheers!

Mai Ah Ni leh... bully me newbie :'(

Anyway have paid deposit for an end 2005 c200 elegance model today.

Hope to join you guys one of these days. Once again thanks!

Cheers!

Bro, just joking la , Dash is a DIE HARD LIVERPOOL FANS la.....

Do join us this Sunday @ Kallang even if you had not take delivery of your C200...We actually welcome all Fun Loving Ppl...No need drive Merc now.... See ya

oh yes, come join us!!

congrats on picking up your C200 w203!!! :clap:

now few things u must do fast:

1. add on sprint booster

2. change to KNN/equivelent air filter

3. Exhaust (better to change to whole exhaust or at least change the muffler...cos the original ones look like taxi!!)

4. Change rims...original is 16"

2nd stage

5. kleeman pulley + k box to up to 201bhp!!!!

6. change header and extractor

7. intercooler

8. lowering springs

:devil: :devil: >:D

MAI TU LIAO!!!!

ngmantat.jpg

Guest RedDevils

oh yes, come join us!!

congrats on picking up your C200 w203!!! :clap:

now few things u must do fast:

1. add on sprint booster

2. change to KNN/equivelent air filter

3. Exhaust (better to change to whole exhaust or at least change the muffler...cos the original ones look like taxi!!)

4. Change rims...original is 16"

2nd stage

5. kleeman pulley + k box to up to 201bhp!!!!

6. change header and extractor

7. intercooler

8. lowering springs

:devil: :devil: >:D

MAI TU LIAO!!!!

ngmantat.jpg

Are you the poison king of this club? :D

Can only join you guys when my Mrs is not in town. Else will get nag like seow.

Guest Cklasse

We all face similar situation of family and Mrs. Just bring her along to know new Mrs from us and get her to go shopping in the nearby shopping mall. For a start, make it a short half hour meetup just to warm up.

Do make some arrangement with Mrs to come down. :spiderman:

Are you the poison king of this club? :D

Can only join you guys when my Mrs is not in town. Else will get nag like seow.

me? poison king? no, man! i where got chance??

that accolade goes to many others!!

come down with your missus and you'll realise many wonderful things u can do to your car!!

wait till u see Jenvid's gadgets, Cblack's venomous Brabus Kitted w204, our resident 500bhp Godzilla C55, uncle batam cheem and g8crasher are our ICE gurus....and many many more u must come and see!

normally my kids and missus tow along with me to meetups. there are many others who do the same too.

this club is family oriented. :)

Guest jenvid

wait till u see Jenvid's gadgets, Cblack's venomous Brabus Kitted w204, our resident 500bhp Godzilla C55, uncle batam cheem and g8crasher are our ICE gurus....and many many more u must come and see!

normally my kids and missus tow along with me to meetups. there are many others who do the same too.

this club is family oriented. :)

Dont worry, my gadgets poison are family oriented too... hahahaha...

The most recent poison session has resulted in quite a few members wishing to take their baseball bat and take a whack at me.

hahahaha.....

Guest RedDevils

Jenvid ]

wait till u see Jenvid' wrote:

The most recent poison session has resulted in quite a few members wishing to take their baseball bat and take a whack at me.

hahahaha.....

Buay Sai lah... so many poison from this club, sure kenna ban by my wife for going. Actually, she don't even know that I have changed my 1.5 year old car for a close to 3 year old Merc as she is currently outstation. Will definitely show a black charcoal face if I am to bring her there during your meetup.

:pray:

Guest RedDevils

hi reddevils, if you need spoiler and sport grille for your w203 let me know.

Wah bro.... you are the 1st to shoot the poison arrow to me huh? :death: Thanks for the offer anyway but I think will keep it stock for the time being.

If nothing goes wrong, should be collecting my car tomorrow. :clap:

Cheers!

Guest Cklasse

Don't bother about the poison for now....I am sure you won't keep it stock for long.

Just come to meet us for TCSS....I had resisted the poison for the longest time liao....only succumbed to indicator light and xenon light change so far.

It's the company that makes the trip to the meetup worth.

Don't bother about the poison for now....I am sure you won't keep it stock for long.

Just come to meet us for TCSS....I had resisted the poison for the longest time liao....only succumbed to indicator light and xenon light change so far.

It's the company that makes the trip to the meetup worth.

Yes all hand rise to agreed with CKlasse.... :clap: :iconsalut:

See you this Sunday .....

My first meet up GTG.....Tell my wifey that i heard from frenz that now the Leisure Dome very happening with lots of new shop, lets check it out.....Then you should know what's next.......

Jenvid ]

wait till u see Jenvid' wrote:

hahahaha.....

Jenvid, mind sharing some family oriented poisons? hahaha.