• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New C200 and ECU is spoilt

Guest angela

Guest angela

My mum bought a new C200 and barely 1 week of driving, we encountered prooblems with the ECU. 2 weeks later, we sent our car in for checking. We were informed that the ECU was faulty and it would be replaced. I understand the ECU is connected to the engine and functions as the "brain" of the car. Is the car safe to drive now? Mercedes can only repair and say if anything goes wrong, we have a warranty of 3 years to cover. 6 weeks later, yesterday, we receive our car back. Merc says this is an uncommon problem for C200. Isn't this more worrying? My mum is very worried and have had sleepless nights worrying the car will stall in the middle of the road, causing an accident. Any advise on what Mercdes can do or we do anything here? This car is soo new! :(

if ECU problem, they just swap it out for a new one.

nothing much else to do, except maybe drive on the left-most lane until such time that you feel confident that the problem isn't there anymore.

if ECU problem, they just swap it out for a new one.

nothing much else to do, except maybe drive on the left-most lane until such time that you feel confident that the problem isn't there anymore.

But if is just swapping of ECU, how come need to take up to 4-wks?? ???

If i were you, Leave the car there,dont drive it till the parts arrived.

Once everything done....claim for the lost of used period cos you pay so much more and that's suppose to be a ease of mind deal... :tazzie:

Wondering do we actually have the right to request for a new one since it is just 1 week ?

Guest skipper

Doubt if ECUs can be repaired. They probably took so long because they had to order one from Germany. TS should confirm that with C&C. If it's a new ECU, car should be safe to drive.

Guest jenvid

If i were you, Leave the car there,dont drive it.

Once everything done....claim for the lost of used period cos you pay so much more and that's suppose to be a ease of mind deal... :tazzie:

Wondering do we actually have the right to request for a new one since it is just 1 week ?

Unfortunately Singapore do not have the lemon law unlike US.

4 wks is indeed unusally long even if order from Germany, normally within a wk, max 3 wks they should have courier it over pronto. I believe C&C must have done numerous checks after the ECU was swapped.

Safe to drive ? I would probably say yes because I believe it has tons of failsafe/safety fallback features.

My W203 happened to be a somewhat of a lemon, it was in & out of the workshop practically every other week. Yeah that's how pandan loop folks knows me by my first name.

BAS comes on, SRS comes on, aircon themostat failed countless times.

My closest encounter of total system shutdown occurred when I was running of the AYE, the auto light came on & all electrical power was cut. My instrument panel was dead, no radio, no aircon nothing. engine was running but I was not in gear. Apparently when the power cut, the tranny was switched to neutral.

All I could do was cruise to one side of the road. Power cycle the car and back to life it came.

Thereafter it was back to the workshop for some other stuff to be replaced.

Amazingly after 3 ~ 4 mths, and numerous visit to C&C for the coffee, tuna puff etc. The car was ok.

All except one fault eluded my attention. The infamous crack airintake manifold of the M271. Apparently it was common on the E but not the C, so I was the 'lucky' few. It occurred after the first year. Didnt manage to identify it until after the warranty was over.

I understand how you feel cuz like me then you just cant believe what you are experiencing especially for a marque like Merc.

If more failure come forth, you should escalate the matter to the mgmt of C&C or even Daimler.

Guest pchan7

My deepest empathy...I had my share of agony over a brand new B class after one week!

I would suggest that you write in to senior management of C&C with a complete records of the problems, dates, actions taken and have it escalated to their most senior people.

This way, you will have a history in black and white in case your car becomes a lemon in future.

sure, can request but won't get it, unless you can prove in court that C&C/Daimler can't repair it.

there was a lady that won a court case to get Performance to give her a new car...

My deepest empathy...I had my share of agony over a brand new B class after one week!

I would suggest that you write in to senior management of C&C with a complete records of the problems, dates, actions taken and have it escalated to their most senior people.

This way, you will have a history in black and white in case your car becomes a lemon in future.

Plus Send email to all S.E.A. AD and Germany.....

sure, can request but won't get it, unless you can prove in court that C&C/Daimler can't repair it.

there was a lady that won a court case to get Performance to give her a new car...

No need go to court la, if cant claim......let the media help you, lately after Olympic, not much news or topic ma..... Wan Bao, Xinmin and Today's would definite like to hear from you.....

No need go to court la, if cant claim......let the media help you, lately after Olympic, not much news or topic ma..... Wan Bao, Xinmin and Today's would definite like to hear from you.....

nothing less than a court order would get C&C/Daimler to give you a new car, unless it's something major that they can't fix.

as it is, there are already owners who try to squeeze them for everything whenever there's any problem (some imaginary).

imagine if they start the precedent, then you'll have a lot of jokers queuing up asking for new car for any kind of problem.

eyke ]

No need go to court la, if cant claim......let the media help you, lately after Olympic, not much news or topic ma..... Wan Bao, Xinmin and Today' wrote:

nothing less than a court order would get C&C/Daimler to give you a new car, unless it's something major that they can't fix.

as it is, there are already owners who try to squeeze them for everything whenever there's any problem (some imaginary).

imagine if they start the precedent, then you'll have a lot of jokers queuing up asking for new car for any kind of problem.

Bro eyke, maybe you tried to speak up for someone but.....what i mean CLAIM is to claim the LOST OF USE not THE WHOLE CAR.

The WHOLE CAR issue is : If i were you, Leave the car there,dont drive it till the parts arrived.

Once everything done....claim for the lost of used period cos you pay so much more and that's suppose to be a ease of mind deal...

MY point of view... I would prefered to buy from a PI, afterall be it PI or AD, if anything happen to our car..... TAI CHI Master will appear, small mouth how to eat Big mouth?

Worst is, everything court,Lawyer,proof,bla bla bla....where got time...

Save the diff in purchase price of PI and AD...Get those thing done yourself when 'Hua Mountain Sword Sparling' :swduel: starts.

i was just responding to the above, coz as David noted:

there's no lemon law in Singapore (hey, it rhymes :D).

claim for loss of use is more than justified imho, however,

for such a new car and for so long a downtime, there should have been a courtesy car offered.

btw, i "help reason, not help relative".

Guest Jarebbsg

Having a totally new 1 to 1 change new car for the faulty one is going to be Time Consuming, Money intensive and Mind Challenging......

C&C should really offer you a temp similiar model car to drive till your car is officially done. No point rushing C&C as it mught just bring you more unknown issues.....and getting you back to the workshop AGAIN.

C&C build so nice customer service area.....implement coffee and drinks counter, offer shutter service.....I hope is not to impress PRE-Sales customers.

I believe C&C will like to maintain the image of AD and nothing beats having the brand name uplifted by its customrs.

Talk to them, C&C will try their best to provide good Customer Experience......its small money to them.....

All the Best....

Having a totally new 1 to 1 change new car for the faulty one is going to be Time Consuming, Money intensive and Mind Challenging...... :surrender:

C&C should really offer you a temp similiar model car to drive till your car is officially done. No point rushing C&C as it mught just bring you more unknown issues.....and getting you back to the workshop AGAIN. :clap:

C&C build so nice customer service area.....implement coffee and drinks counter, offer shutter service.....I hope is not to impress PRE-Sales customers.

I believe C&C will like to maintain the image of AD and nothing beats having the brand name uplifted by its customrs. :clap:

Talk to them, C&C will try their best to provide good Customer Experience......its small money to them.....

All the Best....