• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car remote

Guest jameslhm

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest clarkewan

for w124 master piece...

the unit cannot be duplicated...

:(

i am still looking for someone who can do it for me....

i dun want to spend S$600 at C&C...

too expensive....

:D :D :D

anyone any lobang??

cheers!!!

let me know at 96777707

thanks......

Guest clarkewan

Masterpiece Keys cannot be dulplicated... and i dun think someone out side can do it... costly stuffs

hahaa....

ya lor...

shitty dealer in tagore lane...

give me a damaged key holder...

:D

Guest clarkewan

so end of the day is really no chance?????

i really hope to get the housing for my key...

hope someone can help....

i asking my fren in indonesia to find out if got lobang there....

I am a bit confused guys,

What is it that we can't duplicate? The metal "key" itself or the electronic module in the remote?

I don't think it is economical to replace the original remote if it is spoiled already... :death:

Better get a 3rd party alarm and override your original... That's what the previous owner of my masterpiece did I guess...

Because I have an original remote that doesn't work, and a pair of remotes that belong to the 3rd party alarm. I use them to lock/unlock the car...

Mike was talking abt a place that reprograms the 3rd party car alarm (NOT the masterpiece original IR remote) into a nice looking foldable key set. Is this still available anywhere in Singapore? What is the procedure and the cost like?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jameslhm

Hi. Can try Soxxi Keys at Toh Guan Industrial. Got my keys done there when i was driving my W210.

P.S I am not related to them in anyway.... Good luck. :iconsalut:

bro wat the damage????

Guest kompressor9938

Cant remember exactly........$100++. But then if it is only your key housing that is spoilt, try to get a used one from ebay.....cheap, then get the key ppl here to do the trf.

Hope info is useful. Juz trying to help. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest camelot

I was browsing online for a way to buy a new key for my W211 and found out that if the circuits are still working except the housing of the key is crack or damage, can just get another key fob housing and swap the circuit out. I went to ebay to look at all the US version has a panic button (red button) which I don't like.

Any idea where I can get a 2nd hand key fob local set (without the panic button) ? Scrap yard ?

I called C&C and they are charging about $600 for a brand new key... I think it's way too expensive to replace since my key fob is still working just that has a big crack on it.

ed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest camelot

Hi. Try ebay uk for remote fob without the panic button. I got one for my w210 which i was previously driving. Good luck.

Thank you :)

Just for info, I purchased a key fob from UK and did an internal swap of the circuit. Pretty cool, the key is working perfectly.

I am also aware that you can swap the old key fob into the new chrome one.

The steps to swap the circuits are really easy:

1. Take out the Metal Key

2. Open the key fob and remove the battery portion

3. Use something flat and thin to slide under the white plastic (the space between the cover and the white plastic) [Note: not the space between the PCB and the white plastic] - by the way I use a thin small metal ruler

4. Move the flat and thin towards the side where the Boot Open Button (this is to disengage the catch)

5. Slide the whole circuit and the white plastic out of the key fob

6. Repeat (1 to 5) for the other key fob (if it comes with a circuit)

7. Swap them

Guest camelot

Yo bro,

Care to share what is the damage to the pocket like?

Cheers!

I got the key fob from ebay for about S$60. Swapping done by myself... so cost $0.

So it's probably 10% of what you will have to pay if you go to C&C.

Just note that this if for changing the housing of key fob and not the internal circuit (internal circuit should be working).

Guest RedDevils

I got the key fob from ebay for about S$60. Swapping done by myself... so cost $0.

So it's probably 10% of what you will have to pay if you go to C&C.

Just note that this if for changing the housing of key fob and not the internal circuit (internal circuit should be working).

Thanks bro. Know what to do now if the housing of my key crack next time.

Cheers!