• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Merc Gadget Wishlist...

Guest jenvid

Guest jenvid

Merc is well known for its frills...Here's a list that I would like to see for myself

1) Thermotronics air-con

2) Dynamic Seats

3) Distronic-Plus [Think LTA not allowed yet]

4) Ventilated heated seats

5) Night View Assist

6) Intelligent View

7) Pro-safe package

8) Airmatic Suspension

I also wonder if anyone has bought the original Merc Bike rack hooked up to the tow hook at the rear.

Wishing for a taxi ride on a

1) S600 V12 Biturbo.... :pray:

2) E Estate

3) R Class..

Ok, back to work to try & print more dough...

Guest jenvid

4) Ventilated heated seats

i don't understand why would heated seats be desired in our climate.

like to be on the hot seat?

U try b4 ? very shiok lah.. the heated part only lower back. good for backache & long drive.

And it is not that hot lah...

U try b4 ? very shiok lah.. the heated part only lower back. good for backache & long drive.

yeah, on pre-FL SLK280, not so nice leh.

maybe you need to do some chi gung or :asshole: massages to get your blood circulation going in your lower regions :P

Guest jenvid

yeah, on pre-FL SLK280, not so nice leh.

maybe you need to do some chi gung or :asshole: massages to get your blood circulation going in your lower regions :P

Hmm... but I tried on the FL W211, damn shiok leh....May be different seat contour different effect.

BTW my multicontour seats not comfy enuff leh... always backache. Missy complaining lah... how arh ?

Guest jenvid

I think LS460 have it.....Massage chair,leg rest,foot rest,intelligent safety light............

Err actually I like LS600h or is it LS400h. Nice looking & frills all the way to the brim....

Features are there but the implementation and the thought process, philosophy behind it is not there.

Classic example:

W203 - Convenience feature.

The retraction of the driver seat is actually based on the seat adjustment which the computer automatically determine whether the person is actually tall enough that requires the seat to move backwards.

In my case, my independence key setting actually made my seat move back each time I pull out the car key while my missy setting wont. She was fuming mad when I told her how it works.

The windscreen wiper fluid dispenser

I think Merc is the only car that doesnt dispense the fluid upon activation when the drive side door is opened.

Rain Sensor

Not sure if merc is the only one to close the sunroof (not paraomic glass roof) when the rain sensor on the windscreen detects rain.

The list goes on & on...

Last time I test drove the GS300, the salesman was pissed with me cuz I kept comparing it with merc way of implementation. There are innovators and there are copycats.....

Guest kopimonster

Leave the problem, change the car......

Need any SE from Lexus...

haha.. I want my dynamic seats & intelligent light !!!! *sob* *sob*

bro, wats dynamic seats?

but i tot intelligent light feature's pretty cool tho....

but i really lurve the "steering wheel memory" feature very much....everytime i get out of the car, the steering wheel automatically lifts itself out of the way and the next time i get into the car, the steering wheel automatically adjusts itself to the last known position....never knew such feature was available in the first place :P

Guest kopimonster

Last time I test drove the GS300, the salesman was pissed with me cuz I kept comparing it with merc way of implementation. There are innovators and there are copycats.....

tsk tsk tsk...no need to get pissed wat...if the merc is the benchmark, then its only fair comparison wat....you want to BE the man, you have to beat the man...in this case...THE CAR...wooooo....

Guest jenvid

kopimonster ]

bro, wats dynamic seats?

Dynamic seat is one up from the multicontour seat. You basically has 3 airsacs inside the seat. 1 for lumbar, 1 for thigh, 1 for the side of your body. In a multicontour seat, you can individually adjust them to give you a better fit on the seat ala bucket seat. In dynamic seat, there is an additional feature of massage, & the airsacs actually inflates to support you when you go round the corner. i.e. turn to right & the left airsac will inflate & support you back to the centre of the seat

but i tot intelligent light feature' wrote:

Now I am really gonna kill my SE... haha... he told me it cost me an arm & leg just for it when it was only a 2k top up when I had bi-xenon. argggghhh..

but i really lurve the "steering wheel memory" feature very much....everytime i get out of the car, the steering wheel automatically lifts itself out of the way and the next time i get into the car, the steering wheel automatically adjusts itself to the last known position....never knew such feature was available in the first place :P

Bro, this feature has been watered down. In pre 04 W203 & Pre FL W211, the seat also move back to allow you to get out of the car with such ease...I really miss that dearly.

Then there is the independent key setting, each key has it own set of radio setting, all 3 memory seats setting and if I am not wrong the driving profile of the driver.

Guest jenvid

Jenvid ]

but i tot intelligent light feature' wrote:

Now I am really gonna kill my SE... haha... he told me it cost me an arm & leg just for it when it was only a 2k top up when I had bi-xenon. argggghhh..

Oh btw can taxi ride your ride for ITLS ? C&C has no show car for this leh...

Then there is the independent key setting, each key has it own set of radio setting, all 3 memory seats setting and if I am not wrong the driving profile of the driver.

bro, whats with this feature? you mean depending on which key is used, the memory settings will be applied without pressing the buttons? Maybe somewhere i could read up on this feature? I thought it was on a bmw only, didn't know they had it in FL W211.

Guest angela

bro, whats with this feature? you mean depending on which key is used, the memory settings will be applied without pressing the buttons? Maybe somewhere i could read up on this feature? I thought it was on a bmw only, didn't know they had it in FL W211.

bro funng, he mentioned its the pre-FL w211... so i guess yours was 1 face lift too late... :bootyshake:

and argh!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: my '04 c180 w203, also no feature ley... :'(

yes bro jenvid.. i was wondering the same thing also... on the '04 s280, didnt have that driver profile thing also... only had the 4 memory seat feature + steering wheel lift up and seat move back.. but i'm so big the seat didnt move back to let me out.. only my parents.. grrr... :tazzie: :tazzie: :tazzie: do yea know why merc removed it?

Guest jenvid

They removed it when Merc's reliability was dropping to the rock bottom. I think that is in 2004.

Even the darn back light for the light setting was removed. Sheessh....

Not sure if they brought it back in the W204. But definitely not in the FL w211.

Merc really made some good inventions that really sets the standard around the industry. I tried my friend's GS300, and bro jenvid you're not alone on the comparison part, my friend got rather irritated at me. But only thing he said was that the merc somehow just feels better.

I think the seat moving back should be brought back. DAMN. :banghead: for me, even if the steering wheel lifts up, my left leg still gets caught by it. i have to put both feet out then stand up, feels like how a lady gets out of her car.

My favourites are

1. Press on the Air-Circulation button and holding, will close all 4 windows automatically. Gets people wondering if its like some sensor.

2. Press and hold the unlock button on driver side, all the windows will roll down(those with sunroof will also open, apparently), to close, do the same for the lock button. Would love to see this available from all 4 doors.

also, i think the dynamic seats should be quite interesting, but i think i would only get it if i was in an AMG car. when they have enough BHP to make you feel like sliding off the seats! :yumyum:

bro kopimonster, your C63 got the dynamic seats?

bro sillywilly, always just miss the things la. what a pity, few friends who never rode in merc before found the steering wheel thing like SUPER interesting. :o

ok. just to clarify, my apologies for a noobie question, Bi-xenon and HID, any difference? FL W211 is on bi-xenon, but i have people asking me if they are projection headlights or HID. I'm pretty lost myself. ???

Guest technophobia

What gadget do I want on my ride? Just one: A REAL, HONEST-TO-GOODNESS ERA-CORRECT ANALOG CAR PHONE FOR MY 1966 230SL PAGODA. Of course the network that supported that type of communication device went the way of the dinosaur about three decades ago, but I didn't say I wanted a functioning sixties car phone. Just the handset is fine. Actually, since the switching apparatus, antenna and signal system, and the amplifier of such an archaic device went into the trunk and weighed about a hundred pounds anyway, we can jettison the excess baggage. I just want the handset, so my old car's cockpit can just "look high tech" for its time. :D

Hope you folks had a fun and successful get-together over the weekend. Stay well, everyone!

Guest jenvid

also, i think the dynamic seats should be quite interesting, but i think i would only get it if i was in an AMG car. when they have enough BHP to make you feel like sliding off the seats! :yumyum:

Heard from MBC SE saying C63 comes with dynamic seats leh.... err you dont need an AMG to feel the lateral G, you just need to go round the corner faster kekeke....

ok. just to clarify, my apologies for a noobie question, Bi-xenon and HID, any difference? FL W211 is on bi-xenon, but i have people asking me if they are projection headlights or HID. I'm pretty lost myself. ???

I think it goes something like this.

Xenon is HID.

Projection refers to the periscope lens on the lights instead of the reflector. I think all mercs are projection headlights now.

Bi-xenon is where the periscope lens has a shutter. At normal beam, the shutter is half open. At high beam, the shutter is retracted all the way...

Guest jenvid

its very irritating on the receiving end of Xenon/white lights, but very nice when u have it installed on your car... :D

Xenon with autolevelling is ok. Those with stock is 4300k bulbs also ok.

It is those without autolevelling and 6500k (white) that hurts. Worse if installed in reflector housing.

If only SG has fog on a regular basis, then no one would upgrade to >4300k bulbs. The fog actually reflects back the light for anything >4300k, you will actually be blinded by your own headlights...