• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Door Chrome Strips oxidized?

green_carnation

Hey guys.. Recently I tried to clean and polish my car, and realised the spots on the chrome strips could not be cleaned off. It's oxidized? I tried clay bar no use, polish also no use, wax also no use, any other cleaning solution also no use.

Now no matter how clean I have washed my car, the door chrome strips around the windows just stay that way with oxidized spots, making it looks ugly. Any ways to recommend how can I rid those spots? Thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys.. Recently I tried to clean and polish my car, and realised the spots on the chrome strips could not be cleaned off. It's oxidized? I tried clay bar no use, polish also no use, wax also no use, any other cleaning solution also no use.

Now no matter how clean I have washed my car, the door chrome strips around the windows just stay that way with oxidized spots, making it looks ugly. Any ways to recommend how can I rid those spots? Thanks.

Bro, why not have it removed? I took out all my chrome strips with a credit card.

green_carnation....make sure do not drip onto your pain....otherwise you will have decolouration on your pain.....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Will this damage plastic? As the strips are not metal..

your concerns are valid.....these are not geniune CHROME per say as it is not plated on metal.

i will most likely wrap it up if all efforts in removal by mild detergents/solutions fails.

i recently had someone wrap my front grille star with black sticker....i like it.