• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

WTS Philips 6000K Xenon D2R bulbs for H7 housings

Guest gianfranc

Guest gianfranc

Hi guys,

these bulbs are direct replacement bulbs for OEM xenons (only reflector type). They will not work for projector xenons.

I've used them for about 2 years with no problems at all. The light output is very nice and white. No trace of blue. I believe this can pass the inspection as many workshops have told me.

I'm selling them because i'm changing to projector lights.

Selling for $180 neg. (Bought for $400).

Interested parties, pls contact me at [email protected]

Guest kepiting1sg

wat model u driving??

He already stated that it suit H7 housing mah! ;D

It should suit most MB models especially C Class (Driving & High Beam)

bulb.jpg

Guest Winningeleven

gianfranc ]

Hi guys,

these bulbs are direct replacement bulbs for OEM xenons (only reflector type). They will not work for projector xenons.

I' wrote:

Hi,

I'm using those aftermarket HID (xelux) for my W210K, i just found out one of the bulbs does not light up when i switch on my headlight, so my question is are you selling the HID together with the ballast or just the bulbs alone?

FYI my ride does not come with orginal xenons.

BTW any bros know where to buy just 1 HID bulbs without the ballast, the brand is XELUX, dun wish to buy a pair as i intend to export my car at the end of the year.

Guest kepiting1sg

Winningeleven ]

Hi guys,

I' wrote:

Hi,

I'm using those aftermarket HID (xelux) for my W210K, i just found out one of the bulbs does not light up when i switch on my headlight, so my question is are you selling the HID together with the ballast or just the bulbs alone?

FYI my ride does not come with orginal xenons.

BTW any bros know where to buy just 1 HID bulbs without the ballast, the brand is XELUX, dun wish to buy a pair as i intend to export my car at the end of the year.

Aftermarket HID lights something do not work mainly becos of 2 possible reasons.

1. Ballast conked need to change ballast (Bulb & starter seldom gave way)

2. Ballast shorted to the car chassis. (Ensure the ballast has no contact with the car chassis - use strong double sided tape for mounting the ballast or mount the ballast on a perplex sheet)

For your problem,

Switch the L/R ballast around and see what happen!

and switch your L/R bulbs around.

Good Luck!

After market HID ballast dun cum cheap.

Even Korean make is easily >S$150 a pop. :o :o :o

Guest Winningeleven

Hi, thanks 4 your advice if i'm not wrong its the bulb that is giving problem, because it lights up awhile than turn off by itself and i get the warning msg! Even when its light up the light output is very dim compare to other 1.

BTW i just change the bulbs less than 1 year maybe the brand i'm using really sucks cannot even last 1 year its already the 2nd pair since i start using HID 2 years ago.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi, thanks 4 your advice if i'm not wrong its the bulb that is giving problem, because it lights up awhile than turn off by itself and i get the warning msg! Even when its light up the light output is very dim compare to other 1.

BTW i just change the bulbs less than 1 year maybe the brand i'm using really sucks cannot even last 1 year its already the 2nd pair since i start using HID 2 years ago.

I have been using Korean brand for my previous W124 & my current LandCruiser ride in Batam Island. In 2 years I changed 3 ballasts for the Batam ride. I had the HID on the previous W124 for last than a year with no problem.

I always very kiasu and tend to keep spares. I have ended up with 3 extra pairs of brand new H4 HiLo Bulbs, 1 spare ballast and 1 spare starter. Siao Liao! :o :o :o

Guest Winningeleven

Hi,

I think u r right it must be the ballast giving problem, i've check with autobacs they do sell 1 ballast but quite costly for a taiwan product($130).

So now thinking to change to phillps Diamond Vision, What do you think?

Anyone know what could have happen to the ballast since it still can light up the bulb but the bulb seems very dim. Any workshop can help?

Guest gianfranc

Winningeleven, yah im selling the bulbs only. Sorry to hear about your problem.

If you would rather get diamond vision lights, look for eric in benzline. They cost $60 before tax.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi,

I think u r right it must be the ballast giving problem, i've check with autobacs they do sell 1 ballast but quite costly for a taiwan product($130).

So now thinking to change to phillps Diamond Vision, What do you think?

Anyone know what could have happen to the ballast since it still can light up the bulb but the bulb seems very dim. Any workshop can help?

These manufacturers whether they re Taiwanese or Koreans are really KNN! knn.gif

They sell U the whole HID set for so much $$$ but then when your ballast conked,

they charged you an arm & leg for it. chainsaw.gif

I am using Philips Diamond Vision for my fog lamps and night lamps.

It is different from using HID lamps.

It will not have that kind of brightness intensity & the whiteness that you are used to with the HID lamps.

Guest Winningeleven

kepiting1sg ]

Hi,

I think u r right it must be the ballast giving problem, i' wrote:

These manufacturers whether they re Taiwanese or Koreans are really KNN! knn.gif

They sell U the whole HID set for so much $$$ but then when your ballast conked,

they charged you an arm & leg for it. chainsaw.gif

I am using Philips Diamond Vision for my fog lamps and night lamps.

It is different from using HID lamps.

It will not have that kind of brightness intensity & the whiteness that you are used to with the HID lamps.

Hi kepiting1sg ,

I think i've decided to change all my lights including fog lamp to those normal bulbs.

IMHO its not worth to spent around $200 to replace the lights which i intend to use for another 6 mths and risk getting caught by the TP, Heard from the workshop the TP are very ON towards aftermarket HID nowadays especially those on 8000K.

Come to think of it it look rather cool to have all 6 lights in normal yellow colour (including fog lamp), afterall Mercedes is the only model to have so call Big small eyes so people can see us from far far away ;D

If only we can have all 6 lights change to HID than it will be perfect, but too bad nobody in this WORLD produce HID for the city lights so no matter how hard you try you can never get all the lights to produce the same colour.

Guest Winningeleven

no HIDs for the city lights but LEDs at least will give a colour that resembles HIDs.

If you change the city lights to LED the error message will appear on the LCD screen,

Unless you want to modify the wiring, but than even if you change to LED it will appear very dim IMHO.

Anyway upz... for you.

Cheers

Guest gianfranc

thanks for the upz!

well, i too heard that LEDs will be dim but i think it depends on the type of blub you buy. there are some bright ones that have as many as 5-6 LEDs in one city lamp bulb so i think they should be brighter.

anyway, to get rid of the lamp defect message, you can use a capacitor like device. many websites that sell LEDs also sell them.

i tried using LEDs once. ordered them from the states. but the bulb was so low in quality that when it was being installed, the one bulb broke so i couldnt be bothered anymore.

somehow some guys in the states have found really bright LEDs to match their xenons. or maybe they just look bright in pics. :)