• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hi Guys, just "hatched" into SGMerc but glad to know so many interesting forums.

mymercs

Well for a start my B170 has serious aircon issues. Took to CnC...they tell me come back Jan 7 next year. Meaning I've gotta bake myself that long in my car? Aircon started to create some noise while driving and it gets warmer by the day even set at 18 deg. Some say it sounds like a cooling coil issue, others say it might be compressor issue. Anyone had this issue before...can share with me what to do and where to go and how big of a hole my pocket have to prepare?.

keltanky, thanks and Merry Christmas to you too. I have a 07' 245 and another new B 200. They are both fine actually but learned that aircon is a major issue after 5th year. If cooling coil kaput a, they have yo take down entire dashboard and it takes over 3-4 days job. Needless to say it cost a lot with Si n Si

Yes quite true, what I know of B klass, is the aircon, if kaput, really have to take down the entire dashboard, that's the magic of the previous A and nows B klass design. They design in a way that frontal "knock" will push the engine below the cockpit, instead of towards the cockpit.

• Like 1

I just had my 09 B180 aircon repaired a few months ago at a workshop along Upper Serangoon Road. Took 1 day and total cost $1.2K.  Checked with C&C before and they estimate the repair will take around 3-4 days and the cost around 3K!

Should have known you earlier man. Anyway my W245 headlamp just kaput. Any idea how much it will cost? I haven't change it before