• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LED Light Replacement

xelsius

Hi Guys,

Could you advise me where I can get my Parking Light bulb replaced? Previously I bought T10(white color bulb) from an Auto Accessories shop, it burnt and melted part of the parking light socket. Then I got LED light replacement from Sonic but the lights keeps breaking down within 2 - 3 months. I've already gotten 3 replacements but either it kept blinking or died after a while. Where else can I find more reliable Parking Light replacement? I search the forum but can't anything recommendation so if there is a link with I've missed, pls point me there.

Thanks in advance.

I reckon the reason for this is NOT bcoz the bulbs no good, instead its the holder that short the bulb. You may want to get a mech to check on your wiring first.

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

I reckon the reason for this is NOT bcoz the bulbs no good, instead its the holder that short the bulb. You may want to get a mech to check on your wiring first.

i second that... i also have 3 out of 4 of my bulbs blown.

then bought replacements but still not working... they light up on the other working housing, so i believe the wiring is probably gone...

now... does anyone knows where to fix this wiring issue? hopefully it's not a major job here.. 

I only trust one person in Singapore to do wiring. His name is Ah Yuan and he is from GT Auto Sound. Do a google. He is located in Eunos Industrial Estate, next to Sing Post.

I bought a set of led licence plate lights from a site sponsor here and went to his recommended workshop at Bukit Batok to install.

After few days, the lights started to flicker and would go off randomly on either side, sometimes both. Went back to the same workshop to try and resolve issue. Some adjustment was done and was charged again with adding on a canceler to remove the dashboard prompt. That didn't help and problem still persisted till today.

So yes, get the right guy for the job! ;)

• 1 year later...

So far I hv not found any solution. Some workshop uses cancellor to avoid errors but it can causes heating problem. If u try using back the original yellow bulb, which is cheaper, eventually the heat will melt your socket again & again. The only solution is to chg to the entire headlamp assembly to the new LED strip headlamp. The one that come with the new facelift. Juz that u willneed to chg your Bonet as well to fit the new headlamp.