• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New coilover for my ride!

Tzw

Good day,

Perviously I was planning to install spring for my w212 2010 non sport elegance. But i had drop off spring idea.Luckily there is kind soul in the forum whom adviced me not to change. 
Thank you to forum buddy!

As I have called kenny alignment for advice as well. From him I get this answer : do not install spring your stock shock does not have the strength to hold your car sure rub! As my car will full load during weekend even for 15min also cannot and Advice aftmkt coilover setup.

After he told me this I straight sian cannot have a nice height of car. Before that I insisted on spring because my concept of aftmkt coilover are Car jumpy jerky hard discomfort. 

After a few days gathering my all my friends advice and I come to a conclusion of API Racing suspension. Actually my friend car installed and I didnt even know it's a aftmkt coilover I thought its a amg aport suspension.

Before heading straight to BMS MOTORSPORT for API Racing suspension I called ah boy whom is the distributor for enquiry. On the phone and asked many question. He is so patience and not pushy at all! After visiting his shop a day after call. He explain more what its do and does and his experience on 19inch wheel. Rubbing issue. 
Im happy with the effort of clearing my doubt for un comfortable ride and pay deposit for order. Anyway there is also a comfort waiting room with aircon to discuss.

Now im on API Racing suspension.

Before
Height front 3 finger
Height rear 4 finger
Soft shock and float
Corner roll many

After:
Height adjustment to front 2 finger
Height adjustment to rear 2.5 finger
Hard shock yet not rocky jerky just like amg sport suspension. No more float feel.
Corner roll greatly minimized. 

For floating feel u may go cte-sle from aye in between tunnel open air under bridge the road not even. Stock suspension sure float feel at speed 80plus.

Overall I felt that API Racing suspension worth buy. Its very affordable yet outcome is great. Great service and communication. 

Greatly Thank youk to API Racing and ah boy!

Pardon me if my experiences is all long full words but I hope this will help the people who is stuck between spring or coilover.  

*To people who think I got link with him. Sorry im not link just wanna share his good product to fellow people.

Wow.... a very detail composition..... most importantly... U like what U paid for.... And your passengers didn't complain..... I wish I could do the same...  Do you have pictures??? need to convince myself before I go apply permit....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Good day,

Perviously I was planning to install spring for my w212 2010 non sport elegance. But i had drop off spring idea.Luckily there is kind soul in the forum whom adviced me not to change. 
Thank you to forum buddy!

As I have called kenny alignment for advice as well. From him I get this answer : do not install spring your stock shock does not have the strength to hold your car sure rub! As my car will full load during weekend even for 15min also cannot and Advice aftmkt coilover setup.

After he told me this I straight sian cannot have a nice height of car. Before that I insisted on spring because my concept of aftmkt coilover are Car jumpy jerky hard discomfort. 

After a few days gathering my all my friends advice and I come to a conclusion of API Racing suspension. Actually my friend car installed and I didnt even know it's a aftmkt coilover I thought its a amg aport suspension.

Before heading straight to BMS MOTORSPORT for API Racing suspension I called ah boy whom is the distributor for enquiry. On the phone and asked many question. He is so patience and not pushy at all! After visiting his shop a day after call. He explain more what its do and does and his experience on 19inch wheel. Rubbing issue. 
Im happy with the effort of clearing my doubt for un comfortable ride and pay deposit for order. Anyway there is also a comfort waiting room with aircon to discuss.

Now im on API Racing suspension.

Before
Height front 3 finger
Height rear 4 finger
Soft shock and float
Corner roll many

After:
Height adjustment to front 2 finger
Height adjustment to rear 2.5 finger
Hard shock yet not rocky jerky just like amg sport suspension. No more float feel.
Corner roll greatly minimized. 

For floating feel u may go cte-sle from aye in between tunnel open air under bridge the road not even. Stock suspension sure float feel at speed 80plus.

Overall I felt that API Racing suspension worth buy. Its very affordable yet outcome is great. Great service and communication. 

Greatly Thank youk to API Racing and ah boy!

Pardon me if my experiences is all long full words but I hope this will help the people who is stuck between spring or coilover.  

*To people who think I got link with him. Sorry im not link just wanna share his good product to fellow people.

wats the spring rate?

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Quick question. For the shock absorber, is there a diff between the elegance and the avant garde model? Also when u lowered the car, did u require a camber kit? Thanks.

I don't think there is a diff. mine's elegance anyway. no camber kit needed. no rubbing of fenders too.

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg