• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mileage vs Service

Guest ultor

Hi,

am considering a used merc for my wife and it turned out to be a PI car. Question about mileage, it is a 2 years car with 17k km on the clock, but servicing is set to Service G, so I am wondering if the mileage of 17k can be trusted. Servicing is related to time and mileage so am I right to assume that the mileage is not to be trusted?

Thanks. :iconsalut:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jenvid

AFAIK service alphabet doesnt run in sequence. It depends what needs replacing.

Not quite sure if you are referring to a C or an E, but you can refer to this to find what service G is all about

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=1789.msg25227#msg25227

For W203, I think Asysst Plus is well published what each alphabet is for.

You will need to do a bit of homework to verify. Another giveaway is look at the brake pad & disc. A high mileage car wld indicate deep wear on the disc. Probably abt 1.5mm equates to abt 40k km with hard braking

Thanks!

I am just cross checking as going from service A to D would have passed 60k km mileage, so if the car is indicating service G in 7k km, it would have clocked more than 16k mileage as indicated by the odo. Am I missing something? ???

Guest quacks

Isnt a Service G similiar to a Service A?

Just a minor one which involves oil change/ small tune ups/ lube etc.

If im not wrong there is only A(minor) & B(major) services, the rest of the letters correspond only to either of these two services, but the difference in the letters is due to the corresponding estimated servicing time needed.

2780872162_8b9d3ab42a.jpg

Hope this helps! :batman:

Looking at the chart you have provided, I do not think G and A is the same as G takes 6 to 7 hours and A only 1 hour? Am I interpreting the chart right?

My point on A to B to C ...etc is that between each service, there is a interval, express in terms of KM, or usage. I do not know what is the mileage required to get from A to G, but on a conservative assumption say 5k km per interval, A to G would take at least 35k km? So I have doubt when a car showing 16k km travel has Service G countdown in 7k km. Does it make logical sense to you?

Guest quacks

Like Jenvid said, it doesn't run in sequence from A-B-C-D etc...

Maybe a major component needs replacing thus the need for a G Service (6-7 hours spent in the workshop)... but the mileage could still be low.