• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

06 S350L gearbox Kapu

Auto-Technica SC

Did all the routine oil change service at cycle- yet sunday morning drive off gear jammed at low all the way

go to manual also same- drag at low . no sign or warning before the night- towed to c&c

got a quote about 23k to fix- gearbox/valvebody /converter etc need to go. any bros out there got this issue.

LPPL got to do - no choice- big hole in the pocket.

appreciate all feedback.

Richard

Hi Auto Technica...

if you are not able to up/ down shift (at auto or manual mode), your ride had gone into limp mode.

You can stop and re-start the engine and everything is normal again (until the symptom recurs)

The fault codes will be stored in the system until someone with the STAR diagnostic system remove it.

Very likely the Valve Body needs to be replaced and most w/shop will propose an overhaul.

You can go to outside w/shop for the above repairs at a fraction of the 23K quoted by C & C.

Down time for 7 Gtronics is about 1.5-2 days subject to availability of spares.

Appreciate your valuable advice but look like I have committed to the advisor this morning to proceed and have shown me the parts that they ordered in all seal and pack in a crate - hopefully my request for a decent discount is answer. I have got this autoboss elite diagnostics tools lying around - should have plug it in to see the problem- just skip my mind thinking it mechanical problem.. anyway hope for the best result. have intention to keep the ride as I really love the body design and panoramic roof- and it seem my project to installed the supersprint exhaust and s65 kit have to put on hold.

Ouch that really a big hole

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

it double ouch Ouch,  it coming about 93k

most likely keeping it and if PQP is reasonable by then

thinking of ester base for the trans fluid rather than orginal, any comment

since it a brand new case , looking ways to keep it that way...

You need to check with the service adviser if you can opt for fluid other than the Mercedes Benz auto trans fluid. Warranty, shift quality and longetivity and etc will be impacted. You don't want the warranty to be void for this reason.

Cheerios

• Like 2

thanks for the advice- doubt they will agree to using ester base oil- anyway assume I could collect tomorrow since started work wed. but was told installation completed but they need to log into system with AG-Germany -Mercedes-Benz and download the latest software before it could run- have to wait till next week cause eunos don't work on sat.  Towing only allow eunos or pandan.  my service all did at leng kee. operate even on sat. so far no bros's out there feedback if they have similar issue and trans replacement. Hope to see more feedback .

My apologies- Bro Auto Technica SC

The 1.5 − 2 days downtime quoted is for outside w/shop with the available spares.

C & C as usual will be a lot longer.

It is true they have to download the software from the AG Germany- Mercedes Benz.

The skilled Technician will have to do the adaptation using the procedure on the star diagnostic system.

This is tedious and require someone with experiences + traffic condition to successfully complete the task.

I am sure you will get a smooth running car in a few days from now.

Cheerios

please no apology necessary , this is a discussion we all share and enjoy our stay here. we should know where we stand as a family of Mercedes Benz lover do

appreciate your constant reply sure do one fine day see u in our met up session and the rest of you . meantime really miss my babe being away for a week now..

hazzzii...

Bro could you share how the 93k comes to?hahaha

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

93k can buy another S350L second hand le

• 4 weeks later...

update on the repair- been close to a month since collection from c&c

spend close to 20k the next day already felt mild down shift shock on sport mode-

so maybe need adapting to my style of driving- learning mode----down the week- same and

sometime up shift shock shock.though it mild - change to comfort - no different- today was the first and worst

up shift shock - trying to overtake on 3rd lane in power mode- pedal down - thud noise

from up shift- can really feel the gearbox knock to engage, don't seem to have this kind of shift shock before

my old trans give way

just wonder any bros or sister out there- have my kind of experience...feedback appreciated.

Bro Auto Technica SC, your ride should not have the jerk and shock you mentioned....the merc 7Gtronics is one of the smoothest auto transmission in the industry.

If the issue persist, suggest you go back C&C and talk to the Service Advisor.

I believed the adaptation was not done correctly.

hello Den appreciate yr feedback. spoken to advisor mamood ask me ..like you said to do a re adaptation.

waiting for his appointment slot. I am preparing to put in the s65 full conversion and the supersprint legal

system from benzline, just wonder should I do the adaptation before or after the exhaust mod. any similar cases you have

encounter, valuable feedback appreciated.

S65 full conversion- is this a body kit? 

Supersprint Exhaust System- is this the straight through cat- backed system or just the box at the rear?

Talk to Mamood on the exhaust system mod if you want to do it before resolving the transmission's issue.

All the best!  :thumbsu: