• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ATE Brakes

zjared

Bro, ATE is the brand of the ceramic brake pads. Rotors not included as you will still be using the original Merc rotors (new or otherwise).

I have used them before, it truly is dust free & works even better than original pads. You only need to buy frt, rear pads & 2 sensors. Go get them from Goldenlink.

post-178-0-53581700-1381418833_thumb.jpg

v

So is it a must to buy rotors? My original is not new, travelled 56000km. So can I still use them or do I need to replace them once hit certain mileage? I see they have a few branches, so which branch should I go?

My front rotors needed changing every 40-45k. The rears were still ok at 82k per C&C. Therefore, at least change the fronts. I went to Goldenlink Bk Merah to get my ATE pads.

My ride is W212, 2011 car. Everything is stock except for bilstien. My brakes botak already. What do I have to buy if I want to change to ATE brakes. I read the threads, don't understand a word. Do I have to buy the Rotors? Or it is a choice?

I want to put B8s on my 2010 W212. Which ones do you have and how are they? Are they a bit lower than stock?

I want to put B8s on my 2010 W212. Which ones do you have and how are they? Are they a bit lower than stock?

Mine is pps10, I believe you can adjust one. It is lower than stock. I can't tell if it is better than stock after driving for 6 months. What I can say is if you can't tell, then don't waste the money to change it. My 2 cents. I trade in AMG rims for stock rims, I did a lot of funny things that waste a lot of money so now I will not waste any more money on useless things especially I am not well-verse in car items.

• Like 2

Thank you. Yours is quite easy to understand. I read one last night, after reading, I still blur blur.

Some more top up 800$,hahahha.

many dealers will tell us that they are not interested with our few hours old rims, only tires. maybe we should tell them likewise when we buy their used rims..."your rims are worthless, i am only interested with your tires" ...just kidding.

You're dethpicable. 

• 2 months later...

ATE ceramic brake pads don't generate so much brake dust than original pads, but the fine brake dust actually cake onto the rims and makes it difficult to remove. You need special cleaners like Sonax extreme wheel cleaners to remove it.

I am finding more brake dust on the front rotors in my W212 than when I first installed them about 6,000 km ago. However, it is still less than original and no problem cleaning. Certainly better than original. I would say they are now only slightly cleaner than original especailly after rainy days. However, the rear ones remain a lot better than original. dunno why there is a difference compared to original.

• 2 weeks later...