• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

"tok tok tok" sound when driving slowly

Asure7

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had same problem and the tok tok tok is evident only when slow cornering in MSCP. No noise when travelling or cornering on the road

went for check but found no serious issues 

technician suspected that the noise coming from joints / door hinges

he lubricated and greased up all hinges and joints and that solved my problem

i once had this similiar sound when my steering was fully turn to the left. As in like reversing into a lot, i will get that sound. Or nagivating a tight bend in low low speed.

i had successfully "repeat" the sound during the test ride with the mechanic/Service adviser and it was solved. No mention what was done but it was long gone.

Best part....it is under warranty. :D

Just had my engine mount replaced by C&C today. Mileage at 35k. Car is just 1 1/2 years old, preamatured failure.

Covered under warranty?

You mean the anti-roll bar bushing that was change ?

Sorry, didn't know exactly whether anything was changed as nothing was stated on the receipt regarding this.

The SE merely mentioned that it was due to "stabilizer linkage" when he called to informed that the car was ready for collection.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi fellow members,

I too noticed the noise from my E200 (year 2009) recently which I can only describe as a "propeller" noise during initial acceleration. The noise may continue into higher speed acceleration, but if it is, it's drowned out by the engine. It almost sounds, dreadfully, like one of those little cars with aftermarket exhaust.

I can only hear this noise during acceleration about half way through first and into second gear. By the time that I'm really into third, the noise may be there, but I can't hear it over the road and the engine. If I let off the gas at any point when I can hear this noise, it goes a way. It's like it's synced to the throttle. The car must be physically moving in order for me to hear the noise. Torque-braking does not reproduce it nor will it happen in neutral or park as I press on the gas.

Could anyone able to offer some advise on this please?

Thanks.

Hi fellow members,

I too noticed the noise from my E200 (year 2009) recently which I can only describe as a "propeller" noise during initial acceleration. The noise may continue into higher speed acceleration, but if it is, it's drowned out by the engine. It almost sounds, dreadfully, like one of those little cars with aftermarket exhaust.

I can only hear this noise during acceleration about half way through first and into second gear. By the time that I'm really into third, the noise may be there, but I can't hear it over the road and the engine. If I let off the gas at any point when I can hear this noise, it goes a way. It's like it's synced to the throttle. The car must be physically moving in order for me to hear the noise. Torque-braking does not reproduce it nor will it happen in neutral or park as I press on the gas.

Could anyone able to offer some advise on this please?

Thanks.

Sounds like the supercharger..... but its normal..... if its not too loud.