• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Brake Pads

Bryan540

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car just hit 20k and my front brake pads are worn but the rear is still plentiful... Is it normal??

CnC also said my disc is warp.... wad BS.....

After driven so many cars, first time i encounter front brake pad wears out sooo fast...

worn out of not you can see it yourself. use a touch light to shine on it for better visibility if needed.

If the disc or Rotor warp...you can also feel it when you brake.

Both front and back pads will not be even. But it should not also be drastic like what you mentioned. 

So see it for your self is the best.

My B170 going 6 years in Nov with 102k mileage.

Just change my 4th set of front & 2nd set for rear & also did a front brake disc change

Normal to have rear brake pads wearing much slower than front...

Normal to have conti car brake pads to wear faster than jp car

Possible that you need brake pads change at 20k on Benz depends on how you drive & brake

Abnormal to had disc warp at 20k

Disc warp you will easily notice when you brake at higher speed

• 6 months later...

Hi,

mine is at 30K servicing that they told me my front brakes need to be changed...I didnt then. But at 34K. the system prompted to check my brakes..

Do anyone know how much is front brakes at Merc? or any other reliable outside workshop? 

My car just hit 20k and my front brake pads are worn but the rear is still plentiful... Is it normal??

CnC also said my disc is warp.... wad BS.....

After driven so many cars, first time i encounter front brake pad wears out sooo fast...

It depends on each drivers individual driving style. Some people like to drive hard and brake hard, brake pads will definitely be worn out faster. Start stop city driving or highway driving will also affect how fast the brakes wear out. Brake pad is a wear and tear item, its wear depends on many factors.

I would wait for the message for brake pad change to come on before changing. The average time for brake pad change is around 30k, according to the forums here in SGMERC.

The front will wear off faster, as most of the load is taken by the front 2 wheels. The rule of thumb is 1 rear brake pad change for every 2 front brake pad change

Average mileage for disc rotor change is around 60k, again from the members sharing here, so 20k does seem abnormal

• 1 month later...

My front brake pads reached the end of their lifespan at 30,000km plus as well.

I started noticing a grinding vibration on the brake pedal and sound when coming to a complete stop from speed as well. This is apparently due to the rotors warping.

My model comes with ventilated rotors for the front. I changed pads and rotors just to be on the safe side. But from what i have read here, you can "grind" the rotors to level them and continue to use for a "2 brake pad cycle". Hope this helps :)