• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help - engine revving on its on in Park

Guest natvek

Guest natvek

Dear brudders - Ive got a problem with my 2 mth old C. Its never happened before, but just today when i got home and left it in Park, the engine decides to start revving, and it revs like how you would step on the pedal and let it go, step on it and let it go....as if it is getting ready to sprint off from start at a drag race.

Anyone had this problem?? and do you know why?? ???

Guest Titan

Do you mean that without stepping on the gas it will just rev up to almost 3000+ RPM back to 1000+ RPM and back to 3000+RPM... again and again? Most likely its due to dirty throttle body or one of the sensor went crazy. Get C&C to check if the problem persist.

When I experience similar... the car next to me at the traffic light thought I wanted to race him :laugh:

Guest natvek

Yeah, thats excatly whats happening.....brought it to C&C today, they call it "hunting"....apparently quite serious and they cant release the car to me till they get it fixed....now im w/o my car for whos knows how long......... :( :banghead:

Sad to hear this, actually if they cant return the car to you 2moro, ask for a complimentary car from them, if no car for you, at least ask for Taxi voucher.

Guest natvek

Hey yeah thanks for the reminder, im so heart broken with my 2 mth old ride that i forgot to request for the inconviniences caused.......i'll see what i can get out of this....... :)

Guest natvek

Got my car back today, changed the Mass Air sensor, apprently that was what was causing the problem. Keeping my fingers crossed that alls fine and well...... :) My SE not bad lah, lets just say my SE is A. Tay.