• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes US Recall

Guest redhood

Guest jenvid

dun worry, this only applies to 404 specific vehicles and you will be notified if u are being recall.

Errm. U ever receive a recall notification ?

As far as I know, C&C has never issue a recall notification unless life threatening stuff.

My W203 had a recall on fuel pump, C&C never called but secretly changed it when I brought my car in for service.

How I know ? Well they took out my broquet & the new pump failed !!! Drove 10km & my tank went from 3/4 to zero.

Guest angela

Errm. U ever receive a recall notification ?

As far as I know, C&C has never issue a recall notification unless life threatening stuff.

My W203 had a recall on fuel pump, C&C never called but secretly changed it when I brought my car in for service.

How I know ? Well they took out my broquet & the new pump failed !!! Drove 10km & my tank went from 3/4 to zero.

talk about "first class for cars".... >:(

was that before Mar 2003?

coz: http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/electronic_vehicle.html

"Vehicle recall is a process initiated by the vehicle manufacturer to recall their vehicles with components that have been found to be defective for rectification, or to make improvements.

Since March 2003, motor dealers/importers are required to notify LTA and owners of the affected vehicles imported or sold by them, of any vehicle recall initiated by the vehicle manufacturers. They are also required to make arrangements for the required rectification works to be performed on the affected vehicles."

anyway, there's a recall dated 16 Jul 08 for "MERCEDES BENZ E240 (W211), C200 (W204), CLS350 (W219): Due to a functional software failure in the central systems in Germany from 8.45 am on April 15, 2008 to 2.54 pm on April 17, 2008, and from 8.56 am on June 5, 2008 to 11.18 am on June 10, 2008, partially incorrect SCN coding for control units were delivered to the workshops and transferred to the affected vehicles." https://vitas.lta.gov.sg/EvPublicEnquiryServlet?hdButtonName=view

check if your car is affected here: https://vitas.lta.gov.sg/EvPublicEnquiryServlet

Guest jenvid

after lor...

Notifying LTA sure have but customers ? Yet to hear any. Even my colleague's pre face lift w211 never had a recall even on the infamous sensotronics brake system. Check on MBWorld recall list & W211 list is long ditto for w203.

Likewise for my e93, got SRS malfunction recall also no notify until i brought for other matters.

Guest angela

wa, this is not professional of C&C to behave this way......what if (touchwood) something bad happen? it'll be too late. There's a saying prevention is better than cure but from reading this thread, they dun seem to care..... this is not my expectation from such established distributor and they charge an obscene amount of money for after sales service :2guns: