• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Adding Ipod connection to CD20

Guest angela

Guest angela

Hi all,

Would like to know where I could get my Ipod kit attached to my CD20 system? Anybody knows of a competent shop with the necessay expertise for this? Also I have a lighted mercedes plate for the front door area which also needs to be installed, has anybody done this before and if so, where?

Many thanks in advance.

Guest kepiting1sg

Thanks for the info, can MBM do IPOD hookups as well?

I do not know whether MBM will do IPOD hookup but reading from the thread C&C don't cost an arm or leg.

Maybe you can check with MBM when they do the plate for U to save time.

Guest jenvid

Thanks for the info! Cant believe that it is only $60 for this in C&C....looks quite a bit of work!

Errm I think $60 is for the adapter dude.. labour shld be close to $100 ? I may be wrong.

If it is too cheap, it aint real, it aint C&C..hehe

Guest narmi

Now abit blur liow..

Heard from one of the brothers that got the new C Class,(forgot who ah, paiseh), that he got his ipod connect incld labour altogether is abt $1200.

If wira called and say kit cost $500, does that mean the labour is $700?!?!?!

• 3 months later...
Guest redhood

Walau, still damn confused about this topic. Some of you seemed to have been able to get a mini-jack hooked up to the Audio 20. Does it mean there is an aux-out in the Audio 20? I'm driving R171 2006 pre-FL.

Does the option of connecting a mini-jack cost less than what is referred to as "iPod connection" done by C&C?

I'm now more interested in this cos' I just got myself an iPhone and was hoping to use it as a car phone (with sound coming out of the car speakers), but realised that it can't be done with the iPhone connected via FM transmitter. Too much buzzing interference. So, I need to find a direct connection from iPhone into the audio headunit.

Pls help... ???

Walau, still damn confused about this topic. Some of you seemed to have been able to get a mini-jack hooked up to the Audio 20. Does it mean there is an aux-out in the Audio 20? I'm driving R171 2006 pre-FL.

Does the option of connecting a mini-jack cost less than what is referred to as "iPod connection" done by C&C?

I'm now more interested in this cos' I just got myself an iPhone and was hoping to use it as a car phone (with sound coming out of the car speakers), but realised that it can't be done with the iPhone connected via FM transmitter. Too much buzzing interference. So, I need to find a direct connection from iPhone into the audio headunit.

Pls help... ???

I believe the difference between the two interfaces (mini jack vs proper dock connection) is the ability to control and charge the iPod while it is playing for a proper dock/line out connection.

The mini-jack option is definitely cheaper and if you have an iPhone you should probably go for that option, reason being is the line out on the iPhone has a few different pins from the normal iPod lineout. You can still connect and play music and possibly charge, but the iPhone always goes into Airplane Mode so there is no controls available. Not sure if this runs true for the C&C iPod integration as well, my experiences are with the Harman Kardon Drive+Play which in theory should be the same.

As for the aux jack already being in the Audio 20, you can look around your car. Mine is hidden at the side of my glove compartment. If there is one there already, all you require is a mini-to-mini cable (3.5mm jack) to connect the iPod headphone out to the aux-in. This cable is commonly found for a few dollars, DIY stores and even the local electronics section at Best Denki etc. stock them.

Hope this helps!

Guest kepiting1sg

Pls help... ???

The people here are connecting their ipod to their Merc audio system to listen to music from their ipod,

whereas U wanna connect your iphone to the audio system as a car phone is a totally different topic.

I don't think Merc. has a cheap solution for you at this moment in time unless your audio system has a bluetooth function. Sorry I am of no help! :-[

Guest kepiting1sg

hey, tks people. Appreciate ur comments. I think I'll go look for the mini jack. If I can't find it, I guess I

I'll ask C&C the nxt time I'm there.

Please let us know when you have more information.

It will helps the rest of the community here.

Thank you!

Guest redhood

Ok, confirm cannot find mini-jack in my glove compartment. I called C&C n was told that they cannot do a mini jack for audio 20. I remember reading somewhere that the mini jack adapter is a STD MB part. If so, how can they not b able to do it? Sigh, the search continues.

Ok, confirm cannot find mini-jack in my glove compartment. I called C&C n was told that they cannot do a mini jack for audio 20. I remember reading somewhere that the mini jack adapter is a STD MB part. If so, how can they not b able to do it? Sigh, the search continues.

Maybe they are confused by the terminology? I am pretty sure that the Audio 20 has a aux-in socket.

Guest redhood

Maybe they are confused by the terminology? I am pretty sure that the Audio 20 has a aux-in socket.

U know what? I believe u. Problem is, I dun think the C&C staff really did bother to find out in detail. really dunno where to turn to. Wished they were experts as they claim on the ads. Maybe need to look for an ICe installed familiar w Mb systems to hook it up.

Guest nightfly

Hi guys - just thought I would share this. I went to Harvey Norman at Funan Digital Mall today and found that they sell the mini to mini cables. I bought Bossanova HS-100 which had gold plated jacks for the princely sum of $5.90. Of course you could also opt for the normal steel looking ones for $2 less but I thought what the heck - I'll live it up a little.

I like these 1.5m blue cables cos the cable is long and thin enough for me to connect to the W204's Audio 20's Aux In socket at the left side of the glove compartment and out through the bottom (i.e. with compartment closed and cable passing freely through the hinged section) along the side of centre console at the passenger side to the cupholder compartment where I plan to put my MDP. Tried it out and everything works like a charm with the cable being very unobtrusive and the SQ being very decent.

Hope this helps some of you guys!

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi guys - just thought I would share this. I went to Harvey Norman at Funan Digital Mall today and found that they sell the mini to mini cables. I bought Bossanova HS-100 which had gold plated jacks for the princely sum of $5.90. Of course you could also opt for the normal steel looking ones for $2 less but I thought what the heck - I'll live it up a little.

I like these 1.5m blue cables cos the cable is long and thin enough for me to connect to the W204's Audio 20's Aux In socket at the left side of the glove compartment and out through the bottom (i.e. with compartment closed and cable passing freely through the hinged section) along the side of centre console at the passenger side to the cupholder compartment where I plan to put my MDP. Tried it out and everything works like a charm with the cable being very unobtrusive and the SQ being very decent.

Hope this helps some of you guys!

Happy it works for U! :thumbsup:

As long as U are able to send an audio signal to be connected to an AUX input U will get sound.

However I believe there's no docking and display of your IPOD on the CD20 or Audio 20 rite?

Guest redhood

Batam Cheem ]

Hi guys - just thought I would share this. I went to Harvey Norman at Funan Digital Mall today and found that they sell the mini to mini cables. I bought Bossanova HS-100 which had gold plated jacks for the princely sum of $5.90. Of course you could also opt for the normal steel looking ones for $2 less but I thought what the heck - I' wrote:

As long as U are able to send an audio signal to be connected to an AUX input U will get sound.

However I believe there's no docking and display of your IPOD on the CD20 or Audio 20 rite?

yes, but to find an AUX input... Ah, that's is the question....

redhood ]

Batam Cheem ]

Hi guys - just thought I would share this. I went to Harvey Norman at Funan Digital Mall today and found that they sell the mini to mini cables. I bought Bossanova HS-100 which had gold plated jacks for the princely sum of $5.90. Of course you could also opt for the normal steel looking ones for $2 less but I thought what the heck - I' wrote:

However I believe there' wrote:

yes, but to find an AUX input... Ah, that's is the question....

Just in case you are not aware, there are a few variants of Audio 20. Go check MBworld.org.

Apparently there are 3 known variants, US, Europe & Downunder...

Different model of Merc are fitted with different Audio 20. Dun ask me why... go ask Daimler Benz...

I gave up on my Audio 20 on the E & ripped it out with an after market head unit :)