• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Cables needed for playing Mp3s from a thumbdrive

Guest Luck

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think u can do it. There is only USB input there. What we have at the glove compartment is the AUX input

On the w204,

Can I play Mp3s from a thumbdrive in the glove compartment?

anyone knows what cables to purchase?

Thanks. :surrender:

Guest gainax

correct me if im wrong,

glove compartment aux input = audio input

usb thumbdrive = media for storing something

usb thumbdrive not = to mp3 player

you can store mp3s in ur thumbdrive but u need a player to actually play the mp3s

so...get a mp3 player (so many so cheap) and plug it into ur glove compartment aux input.

Guest angela

correct me if im wrong,

glove compartment aux input = audio input

usb thumbdrive = media for storing something

usb thumbdrive not = to mp3 player

you can store mp3s in ur thumbdrive but u need a player to actually play the mp3s

so...get a mp3 player (so many so cheap) and plug it into ur glove compartment aux input.

you are correct. but some car radios (mostly 3rd party - in cars that dun come with their own brand of stereo ie some jap cars) they have usb port, so u just plug the usb thumb drive in with mp3 files inside, the radio can see it and play. i think continential car makers dun provide this feature/function, only IPOD connectivity...

Great info..

Am I right to say if we have an existing mp3 player, just get the AUX to USB wire & plug in to enjoy music?

I am refering to the Aux point in the w204 at glove compartment...

Thnx... :) :clap:

Guest angela

Great info..

Am I right to say if we have an existing mp3 player, just get the AUX to USB wire & plug in to enjoy music?

I am refering to the Aux point in the w204 at glove compartment...

Thnx... :) :clap:

so long as ur mp3 player out put is 35mm audio cable... den can connect. =) :welcome: