• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Vertical Doors

Guest angela

Guest morganoh

Has anyone ever installed vertical doors with their SLK? If yes, how was the end result and where did you get it done?

Thanks!

If u want Vertical door kit must buy www.LSDdoors.com

Its the best in the world with TUV certification (which is useful during LTA inspection)

Its 100 % cnc machine and a true Plug and Play door kit, which do not require any drilling , cutting, or welding.

Do not buy other brands, cos I make a mistake thinking that I could save some money buying a cheaper USA made one.

But found out that quality is not up to standard, therefore sold it immediately and bought the LSD door kit

LSD door kit is the BEST money can buy.

Guest Cklasse

Has anyone ever installed vertical doors with their SLK? If yes, how was the end result and where did you get it done?

Thanks!

Its the best in the world with TUV certification (which is useful during LTA inspection)

Its 100 % cnc machine and a true Plug and Play door kit, which do not require any drilling , cutting, or welding.

Do not buy other brands, cos I make a mistake thinking that I could save some money buying a cheaper USA made one.

But found out that quality is not up to standard, therefore sold it immediately and bought the LSD door kit

:o don't tell me it's on your W204 ! :o

Guest morganoh

LSD doors are nice. The price is even nicer!! very hard to justify paying so much! maybe if its half the price, I think it's probably more acceptable.

Its worth every cents/dollars,

Every time I open the doors, people around will be looking at me and point to my car telling their friends

"look at that car"

Even when I went to the hotel and park it next to a M645 and SLK, I had people walking towards me and walking around the car and trying to find out what is the brand of my car, (cos I remove all logos and wordings)

Believe me , its the best investment if want to be seen and talk about.

there's one on display at the F1 Paddock:

ad.gif

Guest morganoh

ho bro morgan. did u need to modify you fender for ur RX8?

U will have to cut the inside of the fender, cos the vertical door kit base plate is around 40x30cm big,

so need a space so the door hinge + hydraulic can slot in and out of the fender.

Guest angela

Can u get LSDdoors in Singapore? How much would it be roughly on a SLK 350?

Guest morganoh

And u had it installed somewhere or by urself?

My brother install for me.

He has alot of experience in install vertical door kit. and also good in electrical wiring .

If u are buying any other brand of vertical door kit, then installation is going to be very difficult.

But if u have a LSD door kit, its as simple as playing LEGO. its a true Plug and Play door kit.

The most important part about the installation is the extension of wire and its connection.

Most of the people will just twist and turn 2 wires together and than tape them together.

But the very serious one will hav one more process, that is soldering. but most will skip this step cos its very time consuming.

• 3 months later...
Guest morganoh

anyone hav idea on any shops in singapore that can install for u? and the price roughly =)

Around $600-800.

anyone can install the door kit, its not difficult.

but dont playplay with the wire extension. cos most people just twist and turn and tape in order to lengthen the wires.

What u need installer to do is to do extra like soldering the wires together, so they will not be lose and seperated after

years of opening and closing the vertical doors.

Guest morganoh

thanks , its legal in singapore i suppose ?

and any shops here to recommend ??? ?

Its no illegal if u buy LSD doors, cos it comes with a Germany TUV cert. and with that cert. u can apply for LTA approval.

Do not go for other brands , especially those cheaper one, cos u will have alot of problems with the cheap ones.

Trust me cos I once wanted to save money and bought the cheaper one, but regarded and have to pay more and another

set of door kit which is the LSD doors.

Call Alan 91000207 if u want to buy and install the LSD doors

Guest morganoh

Is it difficult to open the doors? I mean they're kinda heavy, and does it still work if the roof is off?

All LSD door kit comes with different Hydraulic piston, diff car diff Hydraulic.

U will not have any problem opening and closing doors with LSD products.

cos its the best and the most expensive door kit that is avalible in the market.

Opening and closing the vertical doors is the same as with and without the roof.

cos u will have to open the doors horizontally around 20-30 degs and then can go vertically.

u can't open the immediately by going vertically. u can only do that if u have a Lambo with original vertical door.