• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

100k problems :P

arf-er

Hi, just want to relate my recent spate of age-related expensive problems with my B hitting 100,000 km mileage (2008 B200T):

Was chugging along fine up ECP BenShears bridge when suddenly whole car started jerking violently and lost power... Was a miracle (cold sweat man;) it made it to the apex of the bridge to be able to coast down again with engine-shape light lit.

Stopped by the side & called AA tow truck; seemed serious, so decided to have it towed back to CnC.

After 2 days' diagnosis; I was told it was simply due to.... worn spark plugs! (on paper, the recommended interval is 120K km); so ok, change.

Guess what?! the bill was..... $500!  faintz faintz! plugs were $130+ (for 4) and the rest was labour and diagnosis!

CSO explained that on my B; the access to even change spark plugs require alot of dismantling... due to the canted-mount design of the B. Faintz again!  X-o

Just 3 weeks after this episode (i couldn't believe it myself!) my B stalled and refused to start one night after supper. Thinking it was an incomplete job at CnC the last time (so have job warranty right?), i called AA tow truck again; back to CnC.

This time took 3 days before they reverted to say that the electric motor controlling my throttle butterfly-flap is kaput; and that i would have to replace the whole throttle body as no parts are repairable... was quoted $3,000!  faintz faintz faintz. The part itself had to be flown in, and cost $2000+ already.

After all this; i swore that I would change cars if anything else broke down... it's been 2 mths since, and it seems to be stable again... hope nothing nasty suddenly crops up! Feeling v poor now...  :-(

*was looking a the new B200 when COE was low last mth, but my current B200T's acceleration is too addicitve to give up just yet...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the bill was..... $500!  faintz faintz! plugs were $130+ (for 4) and the rest was labour and diagnosis!

CSO explained that on my B; the access to even change spark plugs require alot of dismantling... due to the canted-mount design of the B. Faintz again!  X-o

great justification for labor :P

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

$500 for spark plug? WOW

I bought 12 spark plug for <$200 .

mine is a V6 so require 12 spark plugs

2008 car....to save on cost and labour bring to outside workshop bro

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.