• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Euromodz or APi BBK

Konglong74

Never heard of Euromodz. My best guess is that it should be a local brand.

API is an in-house brand of BMS. Last time ah boy claimed that it was a famous Australian brand. LOL. No matter how we find, we cannot find the company.

IMHO, there isn't any significant differences in the 2. Just go with the nicest looking ones. They should either be MIC or MIT. For BBK, it's important that you can find replaceable parts. After some usage, the seals tend to degenerate and the pistons will be stuck. Worst, the whole brake malfunction.

The above opinion purely from my own experiences from my crazy days driving an equally crazy Jap car. In no way is it scientifically proven.

Still running in leh dare not hard on it yet

Before installing. I pickup the caliper. Very convincing liao the color also swee.

Very big caliper also. Sure power.

Hi,

Can check if you change the rear breaks? If no, which means it should still be disc break at the back.

With your six pot bbk infront, have you faced any break bias thus far? Or everything still good?

The bias is huge. I was using Brembo 6 pot BBK in front at first without changing the rear. When you brake hard, the car tend to squat forward as the car is rear wheel drive. Eventually, I invested in a 4 pot for my rear shipped in from Germany myself. Now, the braking bias is more even. FYI.

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Thanks for your input. Interesting..yr feedback is contradictory to Bro Tan's input. I'm second guessing that your version of break hard means almost extremely hard break to prevent accident? But under normal circumstances, the breaking still works fine..?  I guess Bro Tan has not yet had the chance to extreme test his BBK.

Any other experts out there who can input comments?

Aftermarket BBK should work better than stock in terms of Braking power.... But installing a BBK is not the excuse to floor the accelerator and let the BBK do its job when needed... So I still preach safety driving... only hit the BBK when necessary.... Cos in the end... your car will still come to a stop... whether it stop in a piece or not is another story....

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I did ever hear someone mention that API and Euromodz are practically the same brakes. Gets manufactured and comes from the same factory, only different branding by those who import them.

A Bro is selling his API brakes, which he ordered plain without the API branding and added AMG:

post-105-0-02391400-1390051780_thumb.jpg

Do support his dekit sale!

I'd say the brakes do look exactly the same as my Euromodz:

post-105-0-14948300-1390051846_thumb.jpg

Actually, I did ever hear someone mention that API and Euromodz are practically the same brakes. Gets manufactured and comes from the same factory, only different branding by those who import them.

A Bro is selling his API brakes, which he ordered plain without the API branding and added AMG:

attachicon.gifpost-456-0-77970100-1390015550.jpg

Do support his dekit sale!

I'd say the brakes do look exactly the same as my Euromodz:

attachicon.gif249006_10151742971636414_1227544592_n.jpg

Bro, i'm sorry but those are not APi Racing Brakes... Most importantly, APi Racing never sells brakes without the APi Racing Logo. It's an issue of pride and honour.  Attached is the photo of the APi Racing Caliper on the Latest Mercedes CLA. Pls note the differences in contours of the calipers and the centre hub of the rotors. 

I'm not doing advertisement here but juz some clarification. Hope u do not mind. I apologise beforehand if there is misunderstanding caused here. No single brand in the market can prevent or control other brands from following or even copying. APi Racing has constantly proven themselves as leaders in the market by being the first few brands to come out with brakekits for the new models.

The photo of the NEW Mercedes CLA with the APi Racing brakekit speaks louder than a thousand words. Many other brands are still doing their R&D and in fact, waiting to buy the specs.

Cheers

post-1025-0-45202000-1390205428_thumb.jpg