• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Bad News For those Heading up North!!!

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Got this from another forum so can't really confirm if it true or not

Sadness and *Slap* on the Head............... Why WhyWHy :?: :?: :?:

Reimplementation of Malaysian ED Card (Imm.26) Requirement

Please be advised that Malaysian Ministry of Home Affairs has decided to reintroduce the requirement to fill-in the Arrival/Departure Card (Imm.26) by all international visitors each time they want to enter Malaysia.

Effective 16 July 2008, all foreign visitors arriving into Malaysia are required to complete the Embarkation /Disembarkation Card (IMM. 26). This card has to be handed over to the Immigration Officer on arrival together with the national passport or other internationally recognized travel document endorsed for travel into Malaysia.

Please advise your passengers when they are travelling to Malaysia.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess it's confirmed.

Going to Malaysia? White cards are back

Signs have been put up at immigration booths to alert travellers that it will soon be necessary to fill up the cards again. -TNP

Sun, Jul 13, 2008

The New Paper

BY: Shila Naidu, newsroom intern

IF you were among those who threw away the white arrival/departure cards for foreigners travelling into Malaysia, you may have to queue up for them again.

Signs have been put up at immigration booths to alert travellers that it will soon be necessary to fill up the cards again.

The New Paper contacted the Johor immigration department and was directed to call the checkpoint itself.

There, immigration officer Shahrul Nazrie confirmed that all foreigners will need to present white cards from 16 Jul to gain entry into Malaysia.

It had been reported in January that the cards were being done away with. Johor immigration deputy director Johari Yusof had told The New Paper then: "We are using a new system, which doesn't require visitors to submit the card."

Mr Shahrul, who did not know why the white cards were being reintroduced, said the instruction had been passed down from the federal Department of Immigration in Putrajaya.

The New Paper was unable to reach the department yesterday.

SURPRISED

A 57-year-old housewife, who wanted to be known as Madam Nair, said: "I'm surprised. I guess something didn't work out since they did give it a try."

Madam Nair, who visited relatives in Malaysia in May, is planning another trip at the end of this month. "I preferred it without the white card," she said. "It's a hassle getting a white card and making sure you don't lose it."

But she is not too worried as she travels by coach, and the bus companies usually provide passengers with the white cards.

Mr Basril Nizam, a tour manager whose company takes tourists to Malaysia daily, was "very upset" by the news.

The 27-year-old said: "It would be a big hassle. After they scrapped it, we took it for granted that we didn't need it any more."

Mr Basril is also concerned that traffic jams may occur if travellers do not have the white cards filled up.

Engineer Sadagopal Kuppusamy, 54, who drives to Malaysia about three times a month, said traffic had been smoother since the white cards were dispensed with.

"The white card is inconvenient because we have to queue for it and sometimes the counters are very crowded," he said.

Mr Sadagopal has not thrown away his white cards. "I still have about five or six pieces," he said. But it's not clear whether the same cards can still be used.

http://travel.asiaone.com/Travel/New...711-76061.html

Guest Raskie

tat's the problem .. neber stand firm and always waiver ... no wonder hard to attract quality investments ..

but honestly when they waive this white card requirement, I do find it very refreshing and innovative and a breeze of course ...

Guest jenvid

Do they have any touch and go white card bo?

Got ! U need to pay some $ & apply for a passcard with ur photo on it. It is done at the immigration office.

Got ! U need to pay some $ & apply for a passcard with ur photo on it. It is done at the immigration office.

that one multi-entry card!! where is the immigration office??!?! I think i better go apply.. :clap:

Guest sy69u

isn't it for those taking public transport only?

ya, bcoz keltanky takes the bus over mah.... hehehehehehehe. keltanky bro. don't always go to JB to have fun. there is always batam............. hahahahahahahaha

ya, bcoz keltanky takes the bus over mah.... hehehehehehehe. keltanky bro. don't always go to JB to have fun. there is always batam............. hahahahahahahaha

wow liao, my 2nd half's family is in Johor lei.., so bery often go in lei... i know Malaysian, can apply for SG access card, wonder SGeans can apply for Malaysian side of the fast passcard?? so my passport won't need to be stampped to often!?!

Guest jenvid

keltanky ]

ya, bcoz keltanky takes the bus over mah.... hehehehehehehe. keltanky bro. don' wrote:

wow liao, my 2nd half's family is in Johor lei.., so bery often go in lei... i know Malaysian, can apply for SG access card, wonder SGeans can apply for Malaysian side of the fast passcard?? so my passport won't need to be stampped to often!?!

No lah still need to be stamped, just no need to fill white card only....

Fruitcake: for public transport only meh ? I thot I saw many SG drivers using them....

Guest sy69u

these malaysians better make up their mind. no card, white card whats next? Better dont ask for thumbprint. :iconsalut:

malaysia boleh mah................. hehehehehehehe

but it was really smooth without the white card. they should do it permantly.

ssst ssst definitely not NS Run...

go look for some MAKAN!! hehehe :clap: :clap: :clap:

and also play GOLF!! :punk1: :punk1:

it is announce every where 16th July ma. Bro dun spoil market la. hahahaha

you went in for NS Run? Why never call us?

ya lor, i know, all papers all said tomoloe start, but me itchy ask them they say today they receive letter say 15 Ogus!!

No la, maybe go there apply multi entry pass.....

Visiting and pay house allowance for his "pte son"

hmmm "pte son" still looking for one!! :devil2: :devil2: