• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Just joint but lots of Question, I'm Sorry

Hi Everyone,

I'm Xelsius and I'm new here. Happy to join this big Merc family! I've some questions to seek all your kind advises and I hope you don't mind. Sorry if similar quesitons have already been answered, just point me to the thread or let me know & i'll hunt myself. I got a 2 yrs old C180 6 months ago.

1. Just went in for my 40K(last was 30K) servicing and inform them steering wheel not aligned & car steers to the left. Was told by C&C they need to charge S$240 to align the wheels. If "something" broken, forgotten what's that I need to add another S$70 x 4pcs.
  2. Asked them why did not rotate tyres,  they said they only do it every 20K and need to pay. I tot tyres will last longer if we rotate them every 10K, No?
  3. My Coolant light came up recently. Call the 24hrs hotline and was told to add tap water to the rim and send in to check. After checking says no problem. When asked what happened, C&C says maybe coolant after 1 yr evaporated, that's why level went down but there was no leak. But during servicing they did not changed my "diluted" coolant. When ask why, they say no need but if I want they will need to flush them out & I'll need to pay. 
  4. Occassionally when I engage my gear from neutral to drive in the carpark before moving off, there is this big "Jerk". Sometime it happen but some not. Told them but they say no problem.
  5. The Brake dust is driving me crazy & was told ATE Ceramic brake pads is good. Anyone tried & how much?
  6. Everytime I turn on my aircon there is a strong unpleasant smell & it goes away after a while. Told C&C & they recommend a Aircon Flush tat is abt S$480. Worth it?
  7. Lastly during last servicing they replace 2 motors of both my folding side mirror as it was creating noises and just last week the back seat central locking goes faulty and needs to be replaced. Are the wear and tear of even non major of Merc that unreliable? Curious to know coz I've got a different impression b4 I got the car.

I know maintenance of continental cars are much higher then Japanese car so I'm ok. Just wish to know if it is worth the charges. Just need your pro-advise....

Sorry for the long list..... & Thank You so much!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Xelsius and I'm new here. Happy to join this big Merc family! I've some questions to seek all your kind advises and I hope you don't mind. Sorry if similar quesitons have already been answered, just point me to the thread or let me know & i'll hunt myself. I got a 2 yrs old C180 6 months ago.

1. Just went in for my 40K(last was 30K) servicing and inform them steering wheel not aligned & car steers to the left. Was told by C&C they need to charge S$240 to align the wheels. If "something" broken, forgotten what's that I need to add another S$70 x 4pcs.
  2. Asked them why did not rotate tyres,  they said they only do it every 20K and need to pay. I tot tyres will last longer if we rotate them every 10K, No?
  3. My Coolant light came up recently. Call the 24hrs hotline and was told to add tap water to the rim and send in to check. After checking says no problem. When asked what happened, C&C says maybe coolant after 1 yr evaporated, that's why level went down but there was no leak. But during servicing they did not changed my "diluted" coolant. When ask why, they say no need but if I want they will need to flush them out & I'll need to pay. 
  4. Occassionally when I engage my gear from neutral to drive in the carpark before moving off, there is this big "Jerk". Sometime it happen but some not. Told them but they say no problem.
  5. The Brake dust is driving me crazy & was told ATE Ceramic brake pads is good. Anyone tried & how much?
  6. Everytime I turn on my aircon there is a strong unpleasant smell & it goes away after a while. Told C&C & they recommend a Aircon Flush tat is abt S$480. Worth it?
  7. Lastly during last servicing they replace 2 motors of both my folding side mirror as it was creating noises and just last week the back seat central locking goes faulty and needs to be replaced. Are the wear and tear of even non major of Merc that unreliable? Curious to know coz I've got a different impression b4 I got the car.

I know maintenance of continental cars are much higher then Japanese car so I'm ok. Just wish to know if it is worth the charges. Just need your pro-advise....

Sorry for the long list..... & Thank You so much!

Hi Xel,

welcome onboard..........

better go GTG for answer.........( this weekend )

cheers

• Like 1