• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

noisy steering, right side

fishcake42

I've been encountering a noisy steering on my b170 and based on audible feedback it's coming from the right side of the car, ie right of the driver. Anyone have any idea if its a defective steering rack that needs to be replaced and if so, how much would it set my back?

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you can describe more detail like the description of the noise like tiak tiak, tock tock or orrh orrh...

i have all these sounds from my B170 before... go find a reliable workshop to work on it

If steering problem can be repaired... replacing will cost much more

oh it sounds like clog clog.... strangely it comes from the right side... 

would you have an estimate of repair versus replace?

cheers

sounds like drive shaft problem which is quite common problems with car

expect 350 to 500 range for repair & i has never replace a drive shaft before so cant say much on replacement charges

There is 1 shop in sin ming area specialized is transmission repair & you can drive down to ask to verify if its this problem & quote before you commit to repair.