• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SUV Owner Beware!!!

Guest angela

Guest angela

Dear Vehicle Owners

CRIME ALERT FOR THEFT OF LUXURY SPORTS UTILITY VEHICLES (SUVs)

Over the past 2 weeks, several thefts of luxury sport utility vehicles were reported across the island. The models targeted were the Lexus RX class, Toyota Harrier and RAV4. Despite being equipped with security systems, the car thieves had managed to compromise them and drove the vehicles away.

2. The vehicles were discovered missing the following day after being parked overnight by

their owners. On two occasions, broken glass was found at the scene where the vehicles were last parked. It is believed that the culprit(s) gained access by smashing the rear passenger windows before disabling the alarm system.

3. While Police investigations are underway and patrols increased at affected locations, it is pertinent that owners remain vigilant and adopt the following measures: -

a) Remove the ignition key and double lock your vehicle whenever it is left unattended -

even if it is a short period of time;

B) Do not leave your car key inside the vehicle;

c) Consider fitting additional safety devices such as steering-wheel lock on your vehicle. Anti-theft devices should be regularly checked / serviced to ensure their effectiveness;

DSP ONG ENG BAN

COMMANDING OFFICER

BUKIT MERAH EAST NPC

CENTRAL POLICE DIVISION

Guest jenvid

errmm... actually hor, investing in a wheel clamp is the most effective one. Get those that go all the way to the rim. Else deflat tyre is all that is needed.

Steering wheel clamp is pointless as thieves will just cut the steering wheel not the clamp.

Additional immobiliser is also very effective, there is cheap simple solution but cant state it here lor... easy to do easy to rectify but least thought of. LPPL cant say lor...

Guest Prado

My Friend was one of the victim, his Rav4 was stolen 2 weeks ago :( :(

Toa Payoh Car Park ????

One of my previous car club Raver's ride was stolen too , till now no news at all :banghead: :banghead:

Guest SgLaKsa

Toa Payoh Car Park ????

One of my previous car club Raver's ride was stolen too , till now no news at all :banghead: :banghead:

Hey i think we might be refering to the same guy Prado :( :( Or maybe there were a few Rav4 stolen at Toa Payoh???

Guest 9339

Just for your info, those estate near the high way link to 2nd link are their favourite spot, to prevent.......

Leave the worry, either change the car or your house..... :yumyum:

Guest Prado

SgLaKsa ]

Toa Payoh Car Park ????

One of my previous car club Raver' wrote:

Hey i think we might be refering to the same guy Prado :( :( Or maybe there were a few Rav4 stolen at Toa Payoh???

Silver bodykitted Rav 4 ??? Steven is his name

Guest SgLaKsa

Prado ]

Toa Payoh Car Park ????

One of my previous car club Raver' wrote:

Silver bodykitted Rav 4 ??? Steven is his name

Oh my friend's name is Jimmy. Wah so many Rav 4 stolen from Toa Payoh ah :banghead: Jimmy's Rav 4 was only 2 months new :banghead:

Guest 9339

could it be parallel importers? they copied the keys....nicked the car after....? :ninja:

This is bad to comment :asshole: :whip2:

AD also can do this mah......