• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need some help here thanx....

Yattokame

Just got my preowned W221 last week....

errrr...... need some help here

When I touch the handle i can unlock/lock the door. but the last few times I can only unlock and not lock the door. Did I mess around with the controls too much?

the rear pillar air con vents (B-pillar). How to adjust the fan speed/temp? Using the COMAND?

at the traffic lights, can I engage the parking brakes while in 'D' gear? And just drive off and let it disengage itself? any long term problems?

what is the minimum RON? The sticker at the refuelling lid says "95 (min.91)". So it can take 92?

if anybody has an answer.....thanx in advance!

Swift-Sunny-Sonata-156-Brera-MINI cabriolet-Grand Picasso-S300

The handle might be faulty thus u cannot lock the door. Its not very expensive repair if done at a workshop and its fast <1h repair if the parts are there but need to spray.

For preown cars i will not recommend to pump 92. 95 would be the min....

For Goodness sake u Drive a S class

the rear pillar air con vents (B-pillar). There should be a knob at the back to adjust or check ur owner Manuel

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

and FYI plz do not slam the door it will cost a bomb to replace the suction door in the long run.

Once the suction breaks thats it

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

The handle might be faulty thus u cannot lock the door. Its not very expensive repair if done at a workshop and its fast <1h repair if the parts are there but need to spray.

For preown cars i will not recommend to pump 92. 95 would be the min....

For Goodness sake u Drive a S class

the rear pillar air con vents (B-pillar). There should be a knob at the back to adjust or check ur owner Manuel

It's not really i cannot lock the door. For the first few days I could lock by touching the recessed square but these few days it does not always work. So wondering if its some setting I might have accidentally changed while toying around.

Thanx!

Brake Pedal ....

May I ask how to engage brake hold? Thanx

Dear Yattokame,

To activate the HOLD function, depressed the brake harder when almost stationary or depressed it twice.  Found it useful not only when moving off from an upward incline but also at level road when stopping at traffic lights (to rest your right foot....).

Yes, can move off in D without releasing the electronic parking brake, i dont think there is any long term issue (its electronic, not mechanical).

For the smart lock being insensitive, yes, found it happen occasionally even when new, i guess its "normal" (acceptable to merc).  Similar response to mist inside front headlamp where merc claimed normal (not acceptable to japanese like toyota/lexus where it may indicate poor seal - not waterproof). 

According to the manual, minimum is Ron 95 (for 2012 W221).

There is no rear aircon control for most W221 brought in by C&C, i think its a std options included for S500 and above.  There is a hole below rear armrests (for front seat passengers) where the aircon control supposed to be.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Yattokame,

To activate the HOLD function, depressed the brake harder when almost stationary or depressed it twice.  Found it useful not only when moving off from an upward incline but also at level road when stopping at traffic lights (to rest your right foot....).

Yes, can move off in D without releasing the electronic parking brake, i dont think there is any long term issue (its electronic, not mechanical).

For the smart lock being insensitive, yes, found it happen occasionally even when new, i guess its "normal" (acceptable to merc).  Similar response to mist inside front headlamp where merc claimed normal (not acceptable to japanese like toyota/lexus where it may indicate poor seal - not waterproof). 

According to the manual, minimum is Ron 95 (for 2012 W221).

There is no rear aircon control for most W221 brought in by C&C, i think its a std options included for S500 and above.  There is a hole below rear armrests (for front seat passengers) where the aircon control supposed to be.

Hope this helps.

Hi thank you so much for the detailed reply!

have figured out the brake hold function - very useful. also realized that if I have the brake hold activated and switch the ignition off, it goes to parking gear and parking brake. useful for a lazy bummer like me.

figured how to use the smartlock - slide my palm across the handle bar after i've parked. 

am on 95 since day 1. consumption not bad, about 12 to 13 L / 100km. 

once again, thanks for the very useful reply!

Hi thank you so much for the detailed reply!

have figured out the brake hold function - very useful. also realized that if I have the brake hold activated and switch the ignition off, it goes to parking gear and parking brake. useful for a lazy bummer like me.

figured how to use the smartlock - slide my palm across the handle bar after i've parked. 

am on 95 since day 1. consumption not bad, about 12 to 13 L / 100km. 

once again, thanks for the very useful reply!

Great, happy to hear you are enjoying your ride.

Yes, fuel consumption quite good, sometimes if i control myself and with lots of highway/cruise control, can almost touch 1000 km per full tank.

btw New S class just launched in Germany few days ago.  Heard will be available here in SG only in Dec 2013.

1000km per tank?!? I can only manage half that value and the reserve tank lights up.

Interesting. Will definitely consider the new S class in a couple of years' time.

Thanx buddy!