• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Steering Heavy for R171?

Hi,

Just got myself a pre FL R171, so slowing getting myself used to the car. One thing i noticed thou, the steering is very heavy. Compared to my old car, Hyundai Santa Fe, it takes a little bit more effort to turn the wheel. Is this normal?

Hi,

Just got myself a pre FL R171, so slowing getting myself used to the car. One thing i noticed thou, the steering is very heavy. Compared to my old car, Hyundai Santa Fe, it takes a little bit more effort to turn the wheel. Is this normal?

you on 20ins rims?

cheers

Yeah i think it's normal... the first thought that occurred when i first drove the car was, wa... how come the steering wheel so heavy one.

before that i was driving my dad's e200... which feels like a feather in comparison!  

i like it though... gives the car a more 'solid' feel.

hehe.

eat more rice! :P

• Like 1

hi ctj07, we are on the same tyres.  I do not find the steering heavy.  Its difficult though to define heavy, it depends on which car you come from.

Anyway, i am thinking of using slimmer tyres infront.  I have no time yet to remove the front rim to determine the rim size.  With that i will then be able to explore installing slimmer tyres in front.  This should lighten the steering feel.  My objective is to be able to point the car into the corner and get the car to follow the line.

The original tyres are smaller front than rear.  And they are 17inch.  I wish my rims are the original 17inch and i will replace them to the original profile.